A song that makes you cry
I'm afraid that there are a lot of songs that have that kind of potential. My heart has turned all mushy in my ripened age. The one that gets me every single time though is "Who are these children coming down?" from Saturday's Warrior. Am I a little embarrassed to admit that? Sure. But if you are a parent, tell me that you can listen to that song and not melt into a disgusting little puddle on the floor. It's true. Sappy, but true.
Your favorite shoes (I am going back and answering this one because I actually have some.)
I currently have 2- pairs that is. One is new and the other old, really old.
The old ones are sloppy seconds from my little sister several (I'm talkin' like 10 at least) years ago. I love them. They go with everything from jeans to dresses and they are Comfy (with a capital C, just like you see there.) They look less obviously worn and ratty when they are on my feet. I could get these in every color and never have to worry what to wear again.
The new: I decided this month that it was time for new "all purpose cold weather" shoes....so I can retire (brace yourselves) my very worn fabric-y clogs from 1997. I know, two of my sisters are passed out on the floor this very moment after reading that. I was trying to find something cute, hip, comfortable. And I came to this conclusion: I am just a tennis shoe kinda gal. And since I have love my daughters shoes the last couple of years, I jumped on that bandwagon.
I love them. They go with my perfect kind of outfit: jeans, a cute embellished t and a cardigan. And that about sums up this season's wardrobe.
The End.
4 comments:
Thanks, I totally have that song stuck in my head, but I only really know the first line, so I keep singing it over and over again.
The songs that get me are 'Slipping Through My Fingers' by Abba. 'Streets of Heaven' by Sherrie Austin, and some other song that I can't remember at the moment.
I just love you. And your style. I've been contemplating getting some converse myself, but every time I try them on they just don't seem very comfy. (Not even with a lower case "c".) I can't even talk about the cloth clogs. I had those same ones. Did I give you the ones you are talking about? Your red shoes however... I adore them. I wonder if they can still be found. Time to Google it.
Do you actually have a soundtrack for Saturday's Warrior? Where does one find such a thing? I would like it. And My Turn on Earth, too. My kids need to be educated about this rich cultural heritage of great Mormon film.
I remember acting out ALL of Saturdays Warrior in your St. Louis house in the VERY back part of the basement (probably so gentile kids couldn't see us, and mock.)You can so pull of Converse.
Seriously though...the clogs from '97...ow. I love you but do not understand HOW you could have been going out in public in those and the top of you is so cute!
I love the new shoes, and although I seriously question the clogs being around that long, you always look adorable......and thin. Must be nice.
Post a Comment