Thursday, November 04, 2010

November 4, 2010

Thursday, November 4, 2010
Would you rather be wealthy and ugly, wise and sickly, or beautiful and stupid?

This sounds like a favorite car game of my family...the would-you-rather bit...but usually we give two bad choices.  Actually, most of the time it wigs me out a little to know that much about my husband and children's psyches. 
Let's see, I suppose my answer depends on what kind of day I am having. (Ha.  You thought that these writing prompts would be susinct little answers...you haven't been reading this blog for long, have you?)
You see, if I was wealthy and ugly things would be fine because sometimes I like to be alone (which I assume if I was really, I mean really ugly, I would prefer to not be with other people, I am a little bit shallow like that-plus it gives me a good excuse to be a loner)....like on an extravagant cruise through the Med, or walking through an art gallery or eating at a really fancy restaurant that is so expensive you wouldn't ever want anyone to know that you wasted your money on that kind of thing.  So wealthy and ugly doesn't sound all that bad.
Wise and sickly? I don't like being sickly...even if it would mean people came to me for my all-knowing goodness...Besides, I already think that I am wise, even if my own children don't take my word for it.
Beautiful and stupid...tempting but I have actually met people like this and depending on what kind of "stupid" they are, it's pretty difficult to look beautiful at the same time.
So really? Did I just choose wealthy and ugly? Huh.  Must be one of those days where money and solitude win over pontificating on the mysteries of the universe while lying comfortably on my death bed.
Ok fine, I'll go with wise and sickly.  Happy?

8 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

I'll go with wealthy and ugly in a heartbeat. You're right about the beautiful and stupid option and I've always prided myself on good health that really I can't take any credit for but it is nice to have. I already feel ugly with this newfound acne that seemed to pop up when I turned 30. So just add in loads of money and I'll be happy. Did I just say that? Oops. And just because you choose those two particular attributes doesn't mean they are to the exclusion of other fine attributes. There's my long answer, in case you were wondering.

Suzie Petunia said...

With all that money you can get yourself some plastic surgery for the ugly part.

Maleen said...

Wealthy and Ugly is totally the best answer, and I'm with Suzie...you can just use those millions to find a good plastic surgeon, or buy a few hundred ski masks.

mo said...

Everyone is right--you gotta stick with wealthy and ugly. People don't care what you look like when you are rich.

Amy Lynn said...

Since you are wealthy and ugly, I'll take beautiful and stupid because maybe you'll feel sorry for me and pay for me to go to school and then I'll be hot, smart, and able to make lots of money so I'll be wealthy as well.

Is that some round about way of saying it pays to stay in school?

Abby said...

I love our different reasoning for wealthy and ugly. And it was a very easy choice for me. Now where do I go to collect my wealth?

meg said...

Em, I'd say I'm already 3/4 of the way to stupid and 3/4 of the way away from beautiful, so I'll pick that one. Being stupid ain't that bad.

Charlotte said...

I'd go with wealthy and ugly in a heartbeat.