[Emily sheepishly approaches the soapbox, tentatively climbs up and taps the microphone with one finger.]
Is anyone else annoyed that the President, whose position and patriotism I respect (enough) is shamelessly self promoting this week? Using the press at his "urgent" disposal for days at a time just so he can reemphasize a bajillion times that he issued the 'go ahead'. As if any of the mission were his own idea or a result of his own planning? Look folks, he may be the pen that does the signing but he is not the hand holding the pen, if you know what I mean.
I despise when people take credit for something they don't really deserve it for.
I am absolutely grateful for the result. I just don't care for all the politic-in.
That's all I'm sayin'.
[Emily gingerly steps down from the soapbox and backs away slowly.]
Is anyone else annoyed that the President, whose position and patriotism I respect (enough) is shamelessly self promoting this week? Using the press at his "urgent" disposal for days at a time just so he can reemphasize a bajillion times that he issued the 'go ahead'. As if any of the mission were his own idea or a result of his own planning? Look folks, he may be the pen that does the signing but he is not the hand holding the pen, if you know what I mean.
I despise when people take credit for something they don't really deserve it for.
I am absolutely grateful for the result. I just don't care for all the politic-in.
That's all I'm sayin'.
[Emily gingerly steps down from the soapbox and backs away slowly.]
14 comments:
Step right up on that soapbox, Honey! You're only putting into words what millions of other people are thinking. The minute the news came out, I worried that it would just be a platform for politicians. Color me surprised.
It's the men and women in uniform that should get all the credit.
If you need someone to step up on that soapbox with you, count me in!
This is exactly what Mike and I said as we listened to the speech. It sounded like he was the first person to try to catch this guy, and it made me laugh the way he was going on about it. Mike was really disappointed with the speech writing. It's too bad they didn't just focus on the fact that he was caught but had to put a political spin on it. It came off sounding desperate for positive public opinion.
Amen sista!
Makes me glad I don't get any TV channels. I just get all the recaps on NPR. :)
I feel ya.
Agree 100%. I told my husband the other night that if I heard the words "On my command" come out of his mouth one more time, I was going to smash every tv in the house.
I hate politics so I am celebrating the event by playing at Disneyland and completely ignoring national news. Big rollercoaster anyone?
I agree. I like your soapboxing.
Yes, I was just commenting about this to Matt last night. Annoying. Who does he think he is, the President of the United States?! Sheesh!
So I got on my blog to write THIS EXACT SAME THING! Can I just say WOW-we are on the same wavelength! I try to keep my innocent and happily content mind out of the dramatic and self-centered politics..whether that be smart or not..I couldn't help but be interested when it came to this issue. My FIRST thought was wow, and now people think he's a great president..when in ALL reality he has pretty much 0 to do with the actually planning or carrying out of any of this. I cannot STAND people that think everything on their side of the world that goes well is their doing..SO annoyed..but SO glad I'm not the only one that thought this! I knew I could count on a military man's lovely wife ;)!
It makes me glad we are so far away from all the political posturing. We just get the basic facts here and don't have to listen to the loud back patting. I am grateful for the men (and women?) who risked their lives to to enter that compound and face all the unknowns that must have been a part of it. Thanks for giving credit where credit is due! You can stand on that soapbox any time you want!
you're hilarious
I am so nauseated by politics (I used to follow them like an MSNBS addict in my early 20s) that I shamefully don't even watch the news, and so did not hear any of this
by the way.. you are right
Are you bothered that the POTUS is taking credit or that it is Barak Obama taking credit?
Post a Comment