My favorite thing as of late, is this.
Among the many plastic bath toys is a tiny little whale (please excuse the picture of the porpoise, I shall explain.) The little Orca was the tiniest of the toys in the bathtub. At the end of each bath one must yell "SAVE THE WHALES" as to catch the little fellow before spiraling down the drain. Sometimes it was me, sometimes it was Hazel. Sometimes Mia, Hazel and I would all frantically say it simultaneously. It made me laugh, every time. I am afraid, that the last time the wee ones were bathed, we did not "save the whales", and now he is gone. Forever. See where forgetting all about animal conservation gets us? No toys in the bathtub and something awkward stuck in the drain forever more.
Good bye little tiny Shamu. No more will will you frolic among the bubbles, dive out of huge plastic cups from precarious heights or swim with your friends the lion, horse, pig and mermaid. We wish you well in your next grand adventure.
This was not a political statement.
Amen.
Among the many plastic bath toys is a tiny little whale (please excuse the picture of the porpoise, I shall explain.) The little Orca was the tiniest of the toys in the bathtub. At the end of each bath one must yell "SAVE THE WHALES" as to catch the little fellow before spiraling down the drain. Sometimes it was me, sometimes it was Hazel. Sometimes Mia, Hazel and I would all frantically say it simultaneously. It made me laugh, every time. I am afraid, that the last time the wee ones were bathed, we did not "save the whales", and now he is gone. Forever. See where forgetting all about animal conservation gets us? No toys in the bathtub and something awkward stuck in the drain forever more.
Good bye little tiny Shamu. No more will will you frolic among the bubbles, dive out of huge plastic cups from precarious heights or swim with your friends the lion, horse, pig and mermaid. We wish you well in your next grand adventure.
This was not a political statement.
Amen.
9 comments:
How is it possible that you and all of your siblings are amazing writers? Carrie warned me I would love love your writing and she was correct. Who else could write about bath toys and have me at the edge of my seat? Thanks for that.
Oh no, not tiny Shamu! RIP
You've got to look at this from Shamu's point of view. It is like a long, drawn-out, glorious Finding Nemo story!
Hooray for Shamu! He is FREE!
Good stuff...again
So sad. There are a few toys in our tub that I am slightly concerned might go to their watery grave (i.e. stuck in our drain), but nothing as fun as 'Save the Whales.'
You.
Silly.
Lately Sophie just wants Ken and Barbie
to flirt in their bathing suits, in HER tub.
Maybe it's time to invest in a tiny Shamu to break things up..
Loved chapter one of The Great Whale Adventure. Is there a chapter two?
I'm soooo behind - on life, on blog reading/commenting. I'm going to call you at least 25 times on Monday to catch up. Get ready!
sniff sniff. So sad. Too bad. Good bye for now
Post a Comment