Sometimes I wonder how many times a week I can wish that I was a single career gal living in a highrise without it being unhealthy to my current family life.
Just askin'.
Some weeks are just like that I suppose.
(And yes, I realize that it is only Tuesday.)
Just askin'.
Some weeks are just like that I suppose.
(And yes, I realize that it is only Tuesday.)
14 comments:
When we lived in WA and would take the ferry to Seattle or in CA when we'd go downtown to San Diego, I'd sit and gaze at all those highrises and wonder what such a life would be like...I'd envy those young wives on the boat without children (and with no desire to HAVE children) just a little bit thinking about the lifestyle I was missing. Then, one of my hooligans would come up and give me a smooch and tell me "Mommy, you're my best friend." Clarity would set in again and I'd feel sorry for those wives just a little bit knowing what they were missing. :)
Plus, I totally plan on having one of those highrises once the kids are gone and Robert and I are vacationing around the world. We may always have to take the elevator, but, hopefully, we will be enjoying that highrise rather than working like crazy to pay for it. Here's to Wednesday...the week is all downhill from there!
I hear you, but I tell myself that if I were that career gal struggling with short-term relationships and loser men, I would just wish for a happy family and a cozy home.
It doesn't always fool me though.
And I can't say that I really wish for the high-rise career life as much as I wish for an hour in the middle of the day to myself in which I could read, go for a run, take a nap, practice piano, etc.
Girl, I am leaving right now to go get ice cream by myself. I hear ya!
Some days are like that. Today I was ready to let my children get lost in the grocery store, just so I could have a minute of silence. I think it's a coping mechanism, a bad one, but sometimes the stress and demands get so overwhelming. Just sing "Sunrise, Sunset" or "Where Are You Going, My Little One" and leave the cleaning up chores for tomorrow. There are things we'll miss and then there are these are the days we WON'T miss when they're grown!
I have to share with you:
I find myself daydreaming about less children (isn't that horrible)
~I was at target with all four
~it was hideous of course
~A mother was smiling sipping on a starbucks with her one little boy
~I say something bitter and sarcastic like "it must be nice to have one"
~ suddenly my oldest goes
"look mommy he's handicapped"
~He had downs
~"Okay God I get it...sorry"
And Thanks for the author and book recommendations!
Totally feelin ya girl. Some days i am in the same boat!
Those single career girls are miserable, stressed, lonely, and wishing they could be you! That's my take. But... if it helps you cope....dream on! We all need an escape at times!
I know. Last weekend I was in Chicago and Warren asked me if I could ever live in a downtown big city. I started dreaming....but I do live what your mom said. Don't you love moms?!
It seems they have perfect bodies too. Don't worry I think that too.
We all think that at times. And at some stages of our children's development, we think it more often! I know I do. It is totally a coping method. I wish I lived close so we could go get a frozen yogurt, chit chat and do something fun. I know I always feel better after I get out and do a little something fun and feel kind of like I did when I was younger and more carefree! Then I can go home, and see my sweet (sleeping) children, and I am ready for them again. We all need breaks, and regular ones at that!
I spent the day at a museum downtown today with 2 darling little girls and while they were playing, I looked out the window and wondered the EXACT SAME THING!!! Seriously. It's kind of funny that I read this tonight. I was a single career gal though (didn't live in a high rise...just a nice condo)and Mo is right...I just wanted to be a mom! The grass is ALWAYS greener in someone else's yard...
Not me, sister friend, for one reason - public school. Don't you judge me! I just enjoy life when my kids are away learning the wonderful things of the world. (and wearing elastic pants. ok, that's two reasons.)
I'll be your neighbor.
I usually go for the independently wealthy hermit living on an island with an infinite library when I go to fantasy land.
Post a Comment