Though I had a super busy week last week I was blessed with a beautiful weekend. I am still feeling all warm and fuzzy from it. It helped that I completely avoided cleaning up from the weekend and the upstairs in general. Today however, it's back to the grindstone with one child home sick from school and a pile of laundry taller than me.
Sunday was Abby's birthday. She turned 8. She was baptized. And it was a lovely day. We had friends from all sides spend time with us and come to her baptism. I was touched by all the people present and Abby was surprised and thrilled beyond expectation that all those people came to support her. It was perfect.
The Millers came and spent the night...9 kids in my bed in the morning is even better than just my 4.
She got her own set of scriptures and she couldn't have been more excited. They have her name and everything. In grand Abby fashion, by the end of church her new adorable scripture case had her name written across it in big, crayon letters. When I had a tiny wince of a reaction she said, "no, it's OK, I am going to write over it in Sharpie when we get home." Phew, I am so relieved.
Seriously my favorite part about the entire celebration (besides my daughter of course) was the tiny pennant banner on her cake. This might just have to be a new tradition for us. Thanks for the adorable idea Maleen!
Look at all those wonderful people that I love!!! They all came to support Abby in her special day and it warms my heart like nothing else. Also, our delicious panini sandwiches warmed my heart, just not quite on the same level.
I love that this day reminds me how lucky we are and how amazing the gospel is and how it influences our lives, our existence. I am grateful for that man. I am grateful for that daughter.
I am also grateful for these people, the family that lives close by that represents all of our other siblings and parents each time we hang out with them (this includes Sho and the one behind the camera too.)
Haley was pretty happy about all of it too.
Happy Birthday Abigail!!! All this and all everything I have ever said about you before. You are irreplaceable. You are amazing and wonderful. You have a talent for making people feel happy and for being a presence in our home. We love you!!
And since Abby's birthday picture slideshow is twice as long as Hazel's was, I will spare you. Just know that it was super enjoyable because Abby is easy on the eyes and the music was totally catchy. Instead, I will leave you with one of my all time favorite home videos featuring Abby and one of her many talents.
Sunday was Abby's birthday. She turned 8. She was baptized. And it was a lovely day. We had friends from all sides spend time with us and come to her baptism. I was touched by all the people present and Abby was surprised and thrilled beyond expectation that all those people came to support her. It was perfect.
The Millers came and spent the night...9 kids in my bed in the morning is even better than just my 4.
She got her own set of scriptures and she couldn't have been more excited. They have her name and everything. In grand Abby fashion, by the end of church her new adorable scripture case had her name written across it in big, crayon letters. When I had a tiny wince of a reaction she said, "no, it's OK, I am going to write over it in Sharpie when we get home." Phew, I am so relieved.
Seriously my favorite part about the entire celebration (besides my daughter of course) was the tiny pennant banner on her cake. This might just have to be a new tradition for us. Thanks for the adorable idea Maleen!
Look at all those wonderful people that I love!!! They all came to support Abby in her special day and it warms my heart like nothing else. Also, our delicious panini sandwiches warmed my heart, just not quite on the same level.
I love that this day reminds me how lucky we are and how amazing the gospel is and how it influences our lives, our existence. I am grateful for that man. I am grateful for that daughter.
I am also grateful for these people, the family that lives close by that represents all of our other siblings and parents each time we hang out with them (this includes Sho and the one behind the camera too.)
Haley was pretty happy about all of it too.
Happy Birthday Abigail!!! All this and all everything I have ever said about you before. You are irreplaceable. You are amazing and wonderful. You have a talent for making people feel happy and for being a presence in our home. We love you!!
And since Abby's birthday picture slideshow is twice as long as Hazel's was, I will spare you. Just know that it was super enjoyable because Abby is easy on the eyes and the music was totally catchy. Instead, I will leave you with one of my all time favorite home videos featuring Abby and one of her many talents.








12 comments:
I love baptisms. Especially, when it is your own daughter getting baptized. Looked like a great day and I love the banner over the cake. So CUTE!! I might have to steal it....
You have a lovely family (even if some of them have trouble making that perfect "click, click" sound.
Oh, no! I don't see the video! I am sad because nothing makes me smile like snippets of darling nieces being their adorable selves!
Happy Birthday, Abby! What a beautiful girl you are! I wish I could have been there for your big, big, BIG day! Congratulations on your baptism. I am so proud of you!! (And your awesome parents.)
OK, YAY! I saw the video and it made me smile just as I knew it would! Oh, you funny, beautiful girls! (And Clark.) :) I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Woot! Love the banner, although I stole it from somewhere as well, so I can't really have all the credit.
Congrats Abby, on getting baptized and being a shining ray to your family. And of course on mastering the "click, click" sound, which I admit I just tried like five times right now.
Love birthdays and family and special occasions, but not so much the laundry that is inevitably waiting at the end. Speaking of which, my laundry doth call as well...
YAY! Happy Birthday to Abby and Congrats on her baptism- I love the pic of you, Clark and her! So glad you guys are around family too- it is such a sweet blessing to be able to be so close to loved ones!
;) -vi
What a happy, happy day. Yeah for Abby!!!Eight is great. Love you.
Such a funny, every-day-slice-of-life-video clip! I had to laugh, cuz my best weekends are the ones where I do no cleaning and ignore the upstairs too. And then Lord, help me...the mess and laundry.
Your personal birthday wishes to your girls are so sweet. The next birthday coming up in our family is my husbands. I just may follow your lead and give him my love via my blog. And the pennant flag cake deco is awesome.
Its a real treat, I must tell you, to see how another family, so close in dynamics to my own, operates, carries on, and goes about living this life with four girls.
Cheers!
What a lovely celebration and big step! Way to go Abby!
Yay for Abby! Wow, 8, what a milestone. We are just a year and a half away and I can't believe it. Congratulations, she is such a cute little bug.
Oh my heart is bleeding that I couldn't be there! It hurts! Thank you for sharing the pictures and sentiments. I love that girl--she has always been a one of kind and I am so proud of her. Give her a "click click" and a hug from her MO. Love you lots lil' Babs!
congrats on your second childs baptism!
Post a Comment