Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stuff

Life is just swimming along with not much to report while we settle into a new routine.
So all I got to share is stuff. Stuff I like.

Hazel wore a big, brown bow and I loved it.

Haley had a mystery disease that was enough to stay home from school but not enough to make her miserable...it turns out she has mono, complete with enlarged spleen and everything. When the doctor told her "no contact sports" she got real sad and said, "you mean I can't play football?" I laughed and asked, "Haley, when was the last time you played football?" But she was still disappointed. Before we got back the blood tests that revealed her ailment, she broke out in a wicked rash. Again, she felt fine but looked pathetic.It covered her face, ears, neck, chest and back. She came wandering into my room one afternoon with this lovely back-scratcher that she had fashioned from a wand and a loofa.

The girls go to school. We love waiting for them at the bus stop.

I clean.
We do homework.

Mia and I hang out.
Sometimes we have nothing better to do than lie on the bed and take silly pictures of ourselves.
Lots of pictures until she says "OK, that's good."
And then I have to tickle her until she screams at me to stop it some more.

Hazel takes naps. Two a day still, if we are home.
Sometimes I nap too while Mia is at preschool. Delightful.

We run errands.
I clean.
We eat.
We play Rock Band.
We read.
I clean.
We meet Dad for lunch sometimes.

Abby stuffs things in baskets, bags and bundles and drags them around the house...mark my words, one day that will be a shopping cart...not a bad idea for a Christmas gift.

And all the while, Fall is beginning to spread over Connecticut. And even though it may have taken me some time to get over feeling gypped at our short summer, how can I stay mad at Fall?
(I want you to appreciate that when I slowed down to take this picture I nearly accidentally picked up a scary looking hitchhiker...didn't that happen to you once Mo? What a creepy looking hitchhiker was doing in our neck of the woods is beyond me.)

15 comments:

Thunell Family said...

I love reading about your goings and comings...you are such a joyful mommy. Let me know how Haley's mono goes, my Annie has it as well. What the? I thought mono only comes while you are a student at BYU. Hope she's on the mend! I"ll pass on the word "no football."

Your fall looks delightful!! I love your neighborhood! Have any homes for sale?

JJ said...

Wow! You are one busy woman. I love the giggly/tickle pictures. I need to take some of those.

I'll bet Fall in Connecticut is spectacular!

meg said...

Your comings and goings sound like my comings and going. Good times, I tell ya. Good times.

katyvee said...

I enjoy your "stuff". It makes me happy.

Charlotte said...

I love the pictures. I can't wait for fall, but I will check the curb before I pull over. No need to pick up scary hitchhikers!

Maleen said...

I love posts with a jumble of random happenings. I can't believe how grown up Hazel looks. And how sad Haley's rash looks. Is that normal with mono?

And I can't believe how much I wanted curly fries when I saw that picture of Mia. If only Tyler were home, I would send him out right now.

Sarah said...

I love Hazel's hair. I don't think Ryan has 1/2 that much. But she does have the same shirt. My, you have good taste.

Abby said...

That grocery store pic is lovely. They are all lovely--except the rash. (Sorry, Haley.) So much fun to be had with you girls [and guy]. Why, oh WHY are we so far apart?!

Amy Lynn said...

Where on earth can I get my hands on that bow? Not kidding...please speed right over and email me right now. I WANT/NEED THAT BOW! Are you listening? Are you being obedient?

We are leading identical lives. Except my oldest doesn't have mono and my second oldest doesn't wear pink leotards although he LOVES packing things in backpacks and carrying them around...and I don't have that cute bow for my youngest. (Have you done something about that yet?)

But I do clean. All the time. And I hate it.

The end.

mo said...

I love your life...sigh. Fall in New England is the best. Yes, I did accidentally once pick up a hithchiker. I stopped suddenly on the side of the road to reprimand a couple of naughty kids in the back seat (I'm sure it wasn't you!) and didn't realize I had stopped by a rather scruffy-looking young man hitchhiking, until he jumped into the car with us! Scarey. I gave him a ride for a couple of blocks and then turned him out! Watch where you pull over!!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I always need ideas of things to do with Alyssa while the boys are at school...lay in the bed and take pictures, why didn't I think of that?

Suzie Petunia said...

A good, full life. You are one lucky lady.

Is Haley feeling any better? Waverly also has a rash, but it appears to be hives. Hives for 2 weeks?! Yes! We have no idea what is causing it! I almost wish it was mono!

I love your random post. You look happy. I am happy you are happy.

Can I come visit you in a few weeks? Taylor has a business trip to New Hampshire (New HAMPSHIRE?!!) in October and he wants me to come along.

Berly said...

I LOVE FALL...Warren was laughing at me the other day when we were at the zoo and going on a walk. I was pulling the leaves off the trees. The colors are too beautiful!! I hope Haley is feeling better - and your days sound alot like mine. Aren't they wonderful!!

Rainie said...

Your posts always leave me feeling so happy and full of good ideas too. On the list tomorrow, pictures on the bed. (I love the little foot that made it in one of the bed shots)

Brett and Amy said...

I love that you take pictures of your cart in the grocery store so that I may have a better visual. Love it! Also lovin' your creative daughter's back scratcher. Man, full of good ideas. Back scratcher wands, tupperware full of construction paper kisses...she's amazing. I need to borrow your kids for a bit, now that I'm home alone. What? I'm supposed to lay on my bed alone taking pictures. Doesn't seem quite as delightful...and a little less innocent.