Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Little Boy Blue

For the nine years that Clark and I have been married he has left for work nearly every single morning in the same uniform. And while I have come to love the man in khaki, I'm diggin the new working uniform that the Navy has switched to. Not only does it make his eyes totally pop! but if he were to ever fall in the ocean, you would NEVER see him because of the nifty blue camouflage and all (hey wait, they could be a bad thing too, depending on who it is doing the looking.)
He was only too happy to oblige a flexing picture to show off the awesome rolled up sleeves. One of many of this uniform's features that would appeal to a boy...er, a man I mean. First of all, it's camouflage, that is awesome. Boys like that kind of thing...and heaven knows Clark deserves all the manly things he can fit into this house.
I love many things about this uniform and thought that I would take the opportunity to point them out to you.
Seriously, besides the pleats, the sturdy stitching in the groin area and the elastic waist, what individual that grew up in the 80's wouldn't LOVE to be required to peg their pants every morning?

And no kicky new outfit would be complete without something written across their rear end...I would prefer something that described my personality, but I guess the name works alright too....just a word to the wise though - If you have been caught doing something you shouldn't have, run away backwards before they can identify your pants, or jump in the water where they won't be able to see you.

*A special thanks goes out to this serviceman who lovingly stayed in his uniform long enough for me to run and fetch my camera. (A man secure in his masculinity for sure...do you recall that he also allowed me to post pictures on the internet of his "man garters" last year? Ooh baby.)

Be sure to pop over here and check out the "Dance Off" that we had with our cousins. My kids totally don't get their dancing skills from me, that is for sure.

19 comments:

meg said...

I looks even better in person! My favorite part is the hat (I'm trying to think of a funny way to describe the too tall, too small baker-ish style hat, but it ain't commin). Clark can't help but be cool.

Got to go now; I can hear Jameson opening the mail. It's not a good a idea to leave mail duty to a one year old.

katyvee said...

Suddenly my husbands white shirt and tie seem a bit... wussy.

katyvee said...

By the way.. DID go to the Dance Off (I'll do pretty much anything to avoid the dishes stacking up in the sink..) SO very entertaining. The silver pants were rockin'.. and the sprinkler move both quick.. and then later in slow-mo.. was the highlight for me personally.

JJ said...

First off...Clark looks awesome in those duds. I have to admit, looking at servicemen almost always makes me tear up.

Second, look at your girls! They are such pop stars. What is this dance off you guys are doing?

Abby said...

I want a nother entry to the dance off: Clark in his uniform "representing," if you will. Hat and all.
I would like to see a military uniform challenge on Project Runway. Remember the postal one?
Tell Clark I said, "rrraaarrr."
I need to enter your dance off. If only I could video tape myself, totally uninhibited. The laugh I could get out of that would almost be worth public humiliation...

Kirkhams said...

Nice drawers, Scharman!!! I'd like to see him run backwards from the bad guys! My other 2 favorite things are the underwear helmet, all 5 lbs of it and the dance off video!!! I can't wait to show my kids that in the morning! So Em...was that you standing by the camera prompting all those moves? I can see you now doing the sprinkler!

Natalie said...

Let's hope Clark doesn't fall in the water any time soon! :)

Leese said...

I love the advice on running away backwards! What a "trooper" (sorry couldn't help it) to pose for such a photo shoot!

Jessica said...

My boys thought the uniform was pretty much THE COOLEST thing ever.

Thunell Family said...

Loved the pegged pants! Blue was always my favorite color anyways. Maybe I should monogram my kids back pockets with their names...easier to sort. Emily, you totally crack me up!

Mandee said...

I LOVE the new uniforms!

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the new uniform, but his little daughter's head on his shoulder, with love in her eyes, just has to be one of the sweetest photos ever!

Mamaw

Charlotte said...

It was really nice of the gov'ment to consider your hubby's eyes when designing the uniform ;)

The dance off was hilarious. I didn't have time to watch the cousin's video, but I will.

And the broken sink panel was my favorite pointer in that picture!!

Amy Lynn said...

Pegged pants, stitching on the bum, AND a cool hat?! Is the US military the absolute bomb or what? (Sorry, couldn't help that play on words!) Loved the Clark fashion tour! Might need to get my man one of those...for "after" hours!

Amy Lynn said...

I am so utterly charmed and stunned by the absolute beauty of that dance off that I don't even know what to say. I'm speechless. Where on earth did she get those silver pants? And those moves...I'm feeling Paula Abdul all over again. That was the most fabulous 3 minutes and 29 seconds I've had in a long time! Kudos to the dancing butterfly girls...will they be touring in UT this year?

Brett and Amy said...

Sweet duds! I keep going back and rewatching the girls dance video -I love it. Can you tell Spanish TV is my entertainment alternative?

Valerie said...

Hey, cool uniform! This makes me realize that being in Navy Reserves is nothing like being in the Navy. I didn't even realize 1) the new uniforms were being used yet, or 2) that officers would also get new uniforms! I'll have to tell Cannon to get on the band wagon and get some news duds!

Kirkhams said...

I must say that squeezin the "xharman" has never been so tempting.........just to be clear this is Jeff writing, not Stacy.....sure!!!!!!

Kirkhams said...

that was intended to say Scharman....not sure where the x came from... we miss you guys. Clark, you would have loved this summer's competition...it was our first venture that started the whole thing, BTW