Last night I laughed as Clark told his parents that he wanted a nose hair trimmer for his birthday. Not that I don't appreciate a well-groomed man, I just laughed. Since when was I married to such an old man? And then I decided that I like us way better now than I did twenty years ago. We were pretty cool back then (he, more than me) with our fit, young little bodies and endless energy. And even as newlyweds we were still pretty cool. But when I look at pictures of us now I like what I see. We are mature(r), seasoned and hopefully a little wiser. I really am liking my thirties (all 11 months of it) so far. This is going to be a good decade, I can feel it.
Ironic then that I should bring up our other activities of the weekend that have left me feeling rather old. We went to Six Flags with friends. I only rode one real roller coaster but between that and being on our feet all day, I am sore and tired still today. We had a lot of fun. The weather was warm but not unbearable. I was surprised at which of my children were willing to do what. Abby who went on a roller coaster last year was timid and did very little of the daring stuff. Haley and Mia however tried lots of things. I was especially surprised at Mia's daring sense of adventure. She went on everything she was tall enough to ride and her expressions were priceless.


10 comments:
Congrats for going on a real date! Six flags looks so fun! And summer time - wow you guys know how to pack it in! I like the idea of being in our 30's too. Things are just. . .comfortable. =)
The date sounds fun. You probably needed another sitter to take a nap after Six Flags, though. Maybe the kids slept well the next day? My boys have started crying every time I say we're going on a date. "No date! No date! Stay with me!" We went out for the first time in 2 months last weekend and they survived.
How nice that you went on a date. I'm trying to remember if I have been on a date with my husband in my 30's. I can't remember one.
The outing with friends looks fun - all except the part about being at Six Flags on a Saturday.
HEY i have totally been there and rode that kid free fall!! aaww good memories!
Yes, the age is starting to hit me too. Are we really old enough to be in our "30's"? Wasn't it just yesterday that we were laughing about the effects of French Onion dip?
"I meant people...come on!"
I am glad you got to go on a real date. that is a rare thing here in our house as well. Not that we don't have fun, just do it with all the kids in tow usually! Six flags looks fun. we are taking the kids to Lagoon next week, I know not as cool as six flags, but it will do. We havn't been to DisneyLand or anything, so they are still impressed by it. Good times had by all it looks. And, I love the picture of Hazel asleep in the stroller, that is priceless!
Real dates rock! We are able to go a lot more now that we can force, um I mean ask, our oldest to babysit.
6 Flags was a blast! I was surprised which of my kids were willing to do what, too.
i want to see a close up of your notstrils! j/k I'm good. fun adventures, too hot here to do that stuff.
A real date?! I'm going to have to chew on that one for awhile. Actually, I can't complain. We do get dates alot because we are surrounded by family that will take our kids. Generous, wonderful family. Saves us mucho bucks...dating is so expensive when a babysitter gets thrown in the mix.
How I wish we had a Six Flags...I love amusement parks and snow cones and roller coasters. Fabulous day!
I wish I was close enough to give you a date night at least once a month. Love the trip to Six Flags--that is the stuff of which happy childhood memories are made.
Post a Comment