Thursday, July 16, 2009

Big Spender

There may very well be a list of reasons why one shouldn’t allow their three year old to spend $7.99 of their own allowance on the item of their choice. But I won’t go into that now.


Very Large Sparkly Butterfly Balloon
RIP
July 16, 2009 1:12pm - July 16, 2009 5:49pm

10 comments:

Maleen said...

It is amazing what I talk my kids OUT of buying with their own money, but probably even more amazing...what I end up ALLOWING them to buy after all.

I'm sure the balloon was all it was meant to be until the unfortunate accident.

katyvee said...

The crumpled up little mourning body is very pathetic.
Makes me want to send her another one.. immediately.
Give her my condolences.
(But don't tell her I'm not sure on my spelling of, condolences.)

Amy Lynn said...

May the glittery, sparkling, beautiful butterfly rest in peace.

I know this is a difficult time. Send Mia my love!

Jessica said...

That is so funny. My boys had the same problem with a Scooby Doo balloon!

Suzie Petunia said...

Let's not dwell on the fact that its gone. Let's think of the 4 wonderful hours we all(?) loved and enjoyed sparkly butterfly balloon and all the joy it brought.

Balloons: It's like flushing money down the toilet, I tell you.

Charlotte said...

Poor Mia. I hope you provided a suitable funeral. Or maybe found an indulging taxidermist?

michaelstubbs said...

reminds me of that movie, Old Yeller. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Abby said...

Ha! Is it in the trash yet? Or will it hang around like a ghostly reminder of what is no more for a few days?

mo said...

Oh it just breaks my heart. Why are the beautiful things in life so ethereal? That's just too hard of a lesson for a four year old to understand. Give her a hug from Moey.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

darn. those things are supposed to last much longer.