Last night I had a dream that I was in an elevator with two of my kids and another woman that we were talking to. When we were nearly at the top floor of a very tall hotel the cables snapped and the elevator dropped suddenly and violently. I felt it falling and I knew that I was about to die.
I woke up with my heart beating so hard I thought it might just burst.
I just looked up dream interpretations for "falling" and didn't like what I read one bit. Not at all.
I think I need a massage...or some caramel.
12 comments:
so, what does it mean?? I have bad dreams about snakes..I wonder what that means?
I have vivid bad dreams all the time...so much in fact that bad dreams almost seem normal.
However, being in an elevator that was plummeting would qualify as a REALLY bad dream.
And you should tell us what it meant, because we are all going to have to go look it up now.
Seriously. I'll give you 12 hours to tell us or I'm going to google.
Already googled it. Get a massage.
My dreams are usually of arranging furniture in my house and finding more and more room to put the stuff. Or sometimes trying to find something I wanted at the store, but not being able to remember where it is found or exactly what I was looking for. They just get weird from there...
I don't remember my dreams lately but I can tell you, as a former elevator company sales rep, that it is impossible for an elevator to fall down. It's attached to weights 1 1/5 heavier than the maximum capacity of the elevator cab. If the cords snapped, the weights would fall down and the elevator would crash up, into the ceiling. I realize this is not helpful, but I was just so excited to show off my useless elevator knowledge! I used to pray that my dreams would be just like watching the Alice in Wonderland movie. May you have sweeter dreams tonight.
wow. do you have bad/scary dreams a lot? i never do. knock on wood. i don't even want to google it to see whats so bad about it.
Dreammoods.com says that falling dreams are an indication of insecurities, instabilities and anxieties. It can reflect a feeling of failure or inferiority. I won't go into what Freud thinks it means because I think he had issues and the biblical interpretation (whatever that means) suggests that a falling dream means that I am walking in the path of my own thinking and not that of the Lord's.
Great. Just what I needed to encourage me is a random website telling me that I have serious instability issues.
Thanks for the explanation Kristina, I AM impressed at your elevator knowledge but it totally debunks my knowledge now from The Survival Handbook about what to do if you are in a falling elevator.
And Kristen, the answer is YES, I dream much of every night...I usually wake up feeling tired. Jessica, I am looking up snakes right now. And Charlotte, I will help you rearrange your furniture anytime if that would help though your house seems to be in order already.
You're not instable silly.. you're tummy was just tickly from something you ate last night.. and therefore gave you the "fall in the elavator feeling". See how simple that was?
Last night I dreamt Jasen had bought a $300.00 pair of sunglasses without telling me.. and I was miffed. I'm gonna google it.
I don't think I even dreamed last night. What does it mean if you aren't even creative enough to dream right now? Falling elevators...maybe you were just looking for a cheap adrenaline rush!
Oooh, I don't like that dream one bit? So which of your two kids did you subconsiously condemn with yourself? Maybe you should give them a massage and some caramel, too.
Relax. :)
Okay, I jsut looked up snakes, and pretty much the whole thing related to intimacy in some way...great. Couldn't it just mean that I REALLY don't like snakes?
both the caramel and massage sounds like a great fix to me!
Post a Comment