Little Abner just turned 5. Sheesh, since when did I have such old kids?
She has never had a party so this year I figured we would indulge her a little. When asked what kind of party she wanted she replied "rainbows and unicorns". OK, shall I throw in some leg warmers and big bangs with that? How does one go about throwing a party of
rainbows and unicorns? Like this...I incorporated those themes into a few games and convinced her that a "polka dot" decor would work nicely alongside. My Mom and I are only slightly obsessed with polka dots at the moment...don't ask why...in the 90's I went through a plaid phase, next year it could be argyle. But here was the finished product.
We played pin the horn on the unicorn (my Mom and I had too much fun with the glitter), blowing cotton balls with straws (there was so much spit involved that my Mom left the room gagging), a
rainbow treasure hunt for their prize bags, hitting Clark (an elusive
unicorn) with deflating balloons, horse horse unicorn (duck duck goose) and guess the whinny.
The party was a tad chaotic but what do you expect with all these cousins that range in gender and age? Just with cousins we had 14 kids here! I figure she loved it so it must have been a success!
Her birthday was last Thursday. A daughter after my own heart, she started the day with presents and cinnamon rolls (which she requests every single day...I too have an obsession with cinnamon rolls. When I was 8 I had a cinnamon roll eating contest
at a buffet restaurant with a 300 pound Samoan and I won...true story.) For her birthday dinner she requested a ride on the new Utah Frontrunner and dinner in Salt Lake. She has had a rather strange fascination with the
Frontrunner since its debut a couple of weeks ago. She was soooo excited to ride it and giddy the entire time. Dinner in Salt Lake was fun but it was a challenge to keep her sitting on the seat long enough to get her Sundae at the end of her meal.
Abby is sweet and funny. She loves to cuddle and be silly. She has dimples and a easy personality. Her smile and her laugh are infectious. There is just something about her. Happy Birthday Abby! Our family just wouldn't be the same without you!.JPG)
(Not to neglect my sister Abby who shares the same birthday, we love you too and were so glad that you got to be here and partake fo the birthday party mayhem!! You don't look a day over 27!)
11 comments:
Yeah for Abbys (or is it Abbies...huh) and unicorns and rainbows. What is the Utah Frontrunner? I'm curious.
And I need pictures of the blessing too, please!
Olivia Newton John would be so proud!! Happy Birthday, Abby! We love you and your aborable little self. My mom says that I do a mean Abby impersonation - we'd rather have the original!
I am also curious - what is the Utah Frontrunner? It is strange to have a 5 year old - they start to look so grown up.
such adorable wrapping paper--I expect no less from you. I want to hear the full story of the samoan and cinnamon rolls at age 8.
It sounds like she had a great birthday!
I think a ride on the Frontrunner train would be fun for my kids too.
What a fun birthday! Happy birthday Abby.
Good job on the b-day party! Hard to believe she's getting so old. I guess that means mine are too.
Looks like a major birthday success. What cuties you have!!
that is ok i am obsessed about polka dots too! and i love that huge cupcake! tell happy birthday to abby right now, and give a huge hug and kiss for me! and your kids are adorable! i miss them sooooo much! and now i want a cinnomin roll! :)
Happy Birthday to the Abbys!
That cinnamon roll looks deelish, way to go. I would love to hear the story about how you took on the Samoan.
Kudos for a creative birthday party and for making the day so fun for her. I love the look on Mia's face in the last picture. She's eyein' that Sundae!
It was SUCH a fabulous party. We had so much fun and I always leave in absolute awe of your creative mind and fingers. Really...how did I miss out on the great legs and creativity in this family?
I need to bring my kids in to ride the front loader...or front rider...or whatever it is called. Except I'm not sure where we would ride it to. Would you come pick us up in Bountiful?
Love Abby's happy day!
Post a Comment