So after our third weight check for Baby Hazel she was still being placed in the major "light weight" category...the doctor prescribed some major fattening up however possible. So for the last four days she has been supplementing with a bottle and today's weigh in results are in:
She is a fatty...or at least on her way. Typically a baby should be back up to birth weight by week 1 or so and then gaining an ounce a day thereafter. At 3 weeks old she was still almost a full pound under birth weight. But after just four days of supplementing with formula she has gained almost an entire pound!! So congratulations Baby for not being labeled "failure to thrive"...may you continue to fatten up your little legs until puberty and then slow the weight gain appropriately. Good job little girl. (Just look at those teeny legs. Her legs were so little that her socks looked like fuzzy ugs.)
These are all the girls...our first picture all together (except for the ones taken by the photographer at one week which you will probably never see because of unfortunate copyright laws and whatnot...trust me, they were cute.) We have yet to have a family picture with the Dad of the group (unless you count the "all too soon after birth face puffiness" picture taken in the hospital--at least my hair is done in this one even though Haley refused to be happy.)
Haley's teacher was kind and celebrated Haley's birthday with the class today at school (her birthday is really in August but apparently she is the only one in the class that doesn't have a birthday during the school year). The class all made cards for her. This was our favorite from a boy named Jake.
Allow me to translate: 
(The front of the card said "Happy Birthday Haley")(I have taken the liberty of correcting Jake's spelling.) The inside says: Dear Haley, you are gross. I think you're an alien. But I used to have a crush on you.
She is a fatty...or at least on her way. Typically a baby should be back up to birth weight by week 1 or so and then gaining an ounce a day thereafter. At 3 weeks old she was still almost a full pound under birth weight. But after just four days of supplementing with formula she has gained almost an entire pound!! So congratulations Baby for not being labeled "failure to thrive"...may you continue to fatten up your little legs until puberty and then slow the weight gain appropriately. Good job little girl. (Just look at those teeny legs. Her legs were so little that her socks looked like fuzzy ugs.)
These are all the girls...our first picture all together (except for the ones taken by the photographer at one week which you will probably never see because of unfortunate copyright laws and whatnot...trust me, they were cute.) We have yet to have a family picture with the Dad of the group (unless you count the "all too soon after birth face puffiness" picture taken in the hospital--at least my hair is done in this one even though Haley refused to be happy.)
(The front of the card said "Happy Birthday Haley")(I have taken the liberty of correcting Jake's spelling.) The inside says: Dear Haley, you are gross. I think you're an alien. But I used to have a crush on you.
Oh, gone are the days of honest and sincere love. Haley keeps saying "that is so romantic". We might have to go over a few pointers before she hits dating age.
19 comments:
I'm glad to hear little Baby is putting on the weight.
I think you're looking really good.
First grade love... I'm laughing because we have heard things like that around our house. And I love the spelling.
You and the girls look great!
Good job Hazel! She looks a little like Spencer there to me. That's not an insult to Hazel, I promise. I'm not sure if that's an insult to Spencer... Anyway, she looks like she belongs! Oh Haley, just wait until you get your first "U-R-A-Q-T" note - the love, oh the love.
aaww you guys are adoable!!! and hazel is soo long and skinny! and her socks do look kind of funny! hehe! oh i remember my 1st crush! and haley loooks so old! i barely recognize her! :)
aaww you guys are adoable!!! and hazel is soo long and skinny! and her socks do look kind of funny! hehe! oh i remember my 1st crush! and haley loooks so old! i barely recognize her! :)
I miss Hazel's teeny-tiny legs already! They are so darn cute! But I'm happy to hear she is thriving. :)
And you and your girls are so beautiful. Truly.
AAAAH, I want one. I guess Lauries baby will have to satisfy me. I wish I could start all over again, though I must say I never looked that good until about 6 weeks after the baby was born. Congratulations!!! Lisa
Your girls are the cutest I have ever seen. I am happy that Hazel has gained weight. By the way you look great!! I hope your move goes smoothly. Tell Clark hello for us. Ryan is still talking to coming to see you. He brought it up today. He wants to go to Fenway to see Neil Diamond on Aug. 26th. I can't imagine Boston in August. Yuk!
oh i love that little love letter from jake. that is hilarious! and what a cute family of little girlies! glad she's fattening up for you.
That is great. Funny thing is, boys just don't change that much do they?
Cut picture...beautiful girls!
I am glad Hazel is gaining weight. Your girls are sooo cute. The birthday card is hilarious.
Haley--love shouldn't hurt! (For all intents and purposes here, anyway.)
Hazel, what the--those socks look awesome and the legs are crazy little and she TOTALLY looks like Clark.
The picture of you with all those little girls is an eye-opener. Are you sure you can handle all that? You're like a full-blown adult and that there is a gaggle...a beautiful one.
I'm still laughing--they're all yours!
Oh man, if I had a nickel for every woman I won over with the "you are gross" line...
You look great! I am glad Hazel is gaining weight and that Haley has a crush. I remember my 1st grade crush only 15 years ago.
Hooray for Hazel!
You all look awesome. The birthday card is so funny! Little boys do the funniest things.
gross AND an alien? now thats just unkind. Glad she doesn't seem to get that. I like the baby ugg socks.
Hi Emily! I don't know if you'll get this because you are SOOOO popular! Congratulations on having Hazel. She is darling and I'm glad she is growing. I am also grateful for your frankness in your blogs. My most recent blog is a jump off of one of yours. Thanks for food for thought. Your kids are beautiful and its fun to see them in pictures. Oh, Annalia Romero is in my ward here. I love military church connections! I hope you are well! How is it having four? Mary Thorley
You are a gaggle of gorgeous girls! Truly...you expect to maybe have a homely one in the bunch somewhere but you guys are 4 for 4!
Oh, and the note is priceless. I feel such passion and tragedy in his sentiments. I think he has been hurt but I'm confident that in time he will heal.
Hurray for Hazel! She might have a chance at a fatty after all!
Post a Comment