Give her twenty years and she will be surrounded by stacks of newspapers and a cat walking across her shoulders while thirty other cats purr at her feet and poop in her kitchen. Let me clarify a few things here.She did not grow up during the depression.
Bullies do not steal her toys.
She even gets three meals a day on her very own plate, a bed to herself and even her own presents at birthdays and Christmas.
Today on our walk while the rest of us threw rocks into the stream she was gathering them in her arms and stuffing them into her pockets. She didn't throw even one. In the morning she
couldn't care less what her bed looks like but at night she can't lie down to sleep until everything is folded and in its place...including the myriad of bags she has stuffed with random odds and ends...this is just one of them that I emptied out today and threw things away without her knowing...it consisted of (but definitely not limited to) little plastic dinosaurs, two sleeping eye masks, Valentine cards and a receipt from dinner three months ago.
Today on our walk while the rest of us threw rocks into the stream she was gathering them in her arms and stuffing them into her pockets. She didn't throw even one. In the morning she
So who is this phenomenal hoarder you ask? We wish we knew. Until then we will just tell ourselves that she is priming her abilities to become a great collector someday.

PS My baby who still is not back up to birth weight at almost 3 weeks old,
PS again. We have a house in Oakdale, CT where we will be renting for the next two years or so. Nothin' fancy but it will do. Come visit us anytime. Clark received our household goods last weekend and with any luck will have us all unpacked and moved in with home fires burning by the time we arrive...right honey?

And while we're not on the subject, can someone explain to me why this woman is nursing a baby in a wedding dress? (I came across it on a website where I was researching an herbal supplement that I have started taking to increase my milk supply that has been found greatly lacking with this baby--possible side effects may include an increased libido in men, or in women: your sweat and urine smelling like maple syrup and curry...mmmm, doesn't it make you want to sit by me on a public bus or stand very close to me in an elevator?...I'll let you know how that goes.)

16 comments:
oh i miss that abby sooo much! and your house is sooo cute! it is so nice and peacful! but one question, it kind of looks like you live in a forest! but that is ok i will come and visit you anyway! :) and hazels little legs are adoable! :)
Oh, how I miss Abby! I know I shouldn't encourage her behavior but you have just given me some great ideas for her birthday. Love the house!
PS Let me know if while you are that elevator if anyone has a sudden urge to go to IHOP or an Indian restaurant. By the way, as a kid, Clark did not like pancakes.
Emily I have the same hoarder type of kid. I have to go in her room while she is watching TV and throw CRAP away. I do have to admit she gets it from her father. You should see his shoe collection. I often wonder if I am the man and he is the woman.
I don't know what to tell you about Abby except that I expect to see her on Oprah one day. Don't worry, she has experts to help them.
As for little Hazel, Bridger was much the same. He had reflux and had a hard time nursing anyway (couldn't get the latch right,etc.) Because of that, my milk supply was never great but. Take anything and everything you can to help. Bridge still nursed at night up until he was 11 mounths old!
Aaah, you must be on the blessed Fenugreek. I have taken in with my little Jack and it did seem to work. He's 12 weeks now and I haven't had to supplement him yet. Along the lines of "blessed", I was also told that an herb called "Blessed Thistle" works as well. I couldn't find it but I didn't look too hard. Good Luck! All of your girls are so beautiful.
Way to go, Abby! I love it! Think of how much money she could save you by having on hand JUST what you need? =) My sister was just like that. It was so fun sharing a room with her! Oh -- I think my children would have all starved without Fennugreek. LOVE it. I think I ended up using it the whole time, almost, with my last one, and I had the least problems of any of my others. The smell goes away after a while. And - are you serious that your household stuff came before you even got there? And your husband was there to receive it? I didn't know it could actually work that way in the Navy! Way to go! Here's to hoping Clark put everything right where you wanted it. And unpacked it ALL.
i like the girl nursing in the wedding dress. i guess that's the ultimate multi-tasking??? the house looks great. good luck with the move and everything involved. hope little hazel fattens up soon!
LOLing big time over the nursing bride--and all that she is able to accomplish while nursing that pesky child!
Love the house--adorable and new englandy and quaint (and white, very good, could have been crazy wacky, right?)
I can't wait to meet little Monte Burns...excellent, Smithers.
Abby cracks me up like no other.
Seriously, what the heck with the nursing bride?
Abigail and Taryn should probably never become close friends. I have a hoarder, too. I can't tell you the kinds of things she thinks are worthy of a collection.
It was worse when she was younger. It has tapered off a bit. I still have to secretly throw things away. May she never find out...
I have two hoarders. I throw stuff away when they aren't looking.
Although the nursing gown is pretty freaky, I find myself more concerned that a man might take this herb to increase his milk supply? (or else why would there be side effects listed for men? unless there are other uses?)
We miss ya'll so much. Your family and little house on the prairie...I mean CT, it adorable. Your blog cracks me up. You are so funny. And Mia is so big now. She is not a toddler anymore, she is a big girl. Please hug all the girls for me.
Lots of love! Perry
Oscar has been known to have a hoarding problem, too. But not nearly as bad as Abby's!! :)
Adorable house by-the-way! Is it just as charming inside? The lot looks huge!
Nursing bride: It was an elaborate plan she devised in order to look voluptuous on her wedding day.
The side effects for men have me alittle concerned. Why would a man need the supplement? Anyways-
my little Kaylee is a hoarder. I throw things away while she is at school, but I have to make sure it something she has forgotten about because she has an EXCELLENT memory. The other day we went on a bike ride and she had a plastic bag with her so she could collect rocks from the yards. We came home and she painted them. I think they are now under her bed. She gets this "wonderful" characteristic from her father and grandfather. Warren has little piles of treasures everywhere.
i LOVE your house!
The favorite activity in our house this month is finding empty duffle bags, school bags, backpacks, etc. and "packing" them for a "trip". I find all manner of interesting tidbits in these bags and HATE unpacking them. I guess Abby could always live with her 3 Carr cousins when she grows up. They probably won't mind the cats and other stuff...she can hoard and they will pack it all in a bag for a trip.
Post a Comment