I am truly blessed and grateful for my husband's job...but I really like to be with him. The job makes that difficult...sometimes for very long periods of time.
I am scared of the dark...I took comfort in these past months without a husband to snuggle at night in the scary dark of night, that my Mommy and Daddy were right downstairs (in case you were wondering, its a childhood fear that I simply never outgrew). Clark has duty from time to time, meaning he is essentially gone for a day and a half...I will have to invest in a new nightlight, a bright one...and think of some kind of weapon that will safely fit under my pillow for those lonely nights. And don't even get me started with deployments...I'm trying not to think about those right now.
I have been downright spoiled these last 6 months.
I am suddenly going to have to go back to being ultimately responsible for things like dishes, laundry, cooking dinner every night and picking up.
We are moving to a neighborhood that doesn't get high speed Internet...where are we going, Connecticut or Mars?
BUT lets end on an optimistic note:
We get Clark back.
I get to be married again to a loving, compassionate, fun husband. He is helpful and considerate. He misses his girls (ALMOST as much as we miss him).
I get to sleep in my comfy King sized bed again backed up to my live body pillow (aka Clark).
I won't feel horrible and stressed every time my kids do kid things (like run in the house and yell--though my parents repeatedly assure me that it is fine and it doesn't bother them...it bothers me.)
I'm anxious to see how many of my kids' bizarre and less than pleasant coping mechanisms fade away when we return to "normal life" and how many are now the "new norm". (Heaven help us all.)
I wonder if my parents have any idea the blessing it has been for us to be here. I know I don't thank them enough...neither do my kids.

15 comments:
Be happy it isn't Rexburg!
wait you don't have high speed internet!! and you can come back and live with us anytime! :)
No matter how wonderful it has been living with your parents, and believe me I know all the perks, you and your children will love being in your own space. We had a large bounce time after moving into our own home. Actually I think we are still in the happy bounce of our own space.
By the way, I too am very scared of the dark. I have to talk myself up before going out to the car if I forget anything and I always sleep with white noise so that I can't hear the normal house noises after I go to bed.
Just remember you can always come down and visit.
You'll do great! I, too, hate it when Rob's gone overnight. I fall asleep with the TV on a timer and then sleep with the phone in my hand.
It;s Okay to be the kid who doesn't want to go to school for awhile! That's just let's your folks know you love them. Soon enough you'll get back into the swing of things. You'll get there.
The whole scared of the dark thing will probably be a life long startler for me. I'm always running into the bedroom to jump on the bed after I've turned the lights off. And Sydney usually sleeps with me when Jeff's gone. Which that probably wouldn't work out so well for you. Your king sized bed just might feel like a twin.
Bless you--after all that I still have no high speed internet echoing in my ear...really? What? You won't even feel motivated to check your blog or e-mail if it takes that long!
I was wondering today if you had found a house, seeing that the time is indeed drawing nigh. Do tell me all about it!
I would say don't worry about any of that, but I know you too well. Someday soon, like will settle into a normal routine--the good kind of boring, and all of this will seem like a crazy [long] dream. Mom and Dad are pretty awesome to live with though, as far as having to live with your parents goes.
I may be the one hanging onto your leg and crying as you try to leave the house for the final time. I have become accustomed to chaos, I am constantly charmed by cuteness, and I love the company of little girls. I almost cry when I think I won't be able to pick up Hazel and sneak a nuzzle from her little neck. I can't even think about it yet....
I am sad that you will be leaving too. I know I didn't do as many things with you as I always planned on, but it has been fun to sneak up now and then for a visit. Even with no high speed internet, you will still keep up on the blog, right???
We will remember you in our prayers as you go through your new transition..again!
I feel for you. There is no way Jed would live without high speed internet!
A golf club is always good to keep close at night.
No high speed internet!! I don't know what I would do and don't feel bad about the night light thing. When Warren is gone, I sleep with the closet light on. Nice and big!! I have confidence in you Emily - Warren and I lived with my parents for about 5 months, and it was hard to leave- but there is something gratifying in knowing and seeing that you can do it.
So, do you have a house?? Do you like it? Do you have to drive all that way? I just scrapbooked a bunch of Groton pages, and I can't believe you're going to live there. I'm thinking you're lucky to have telephone lines there! ha-ha -- not funny, I know. You'll have a superlative time there, if I know you at all. And your darling girls will do great! Be sure to keep us updated even if you have to use dial up! (You'll have to look into satellite internet. Most of the neighborhoods around us can't get high-speed internet either unless they go with a satellite company.)
I feel your pain on the eateries in Connecticut. I still can't believe there is no good mexican food around. I feel like it's all italian food, pizza or even worse all the fried chicken joints around. When we both feel like eating something new we just open a cook book and choose something we have never made or we go to NYC. I also have a hard time with Connecticut's city planning. You will do great and you are not the only one scared of the dark.
I think it is funny that everyone is so concerned about your lack of high speed internet. I wouldn't be looking forward to letting go of my adult help! You have not been spoiled-you have been blessed. It is always hard to leave parents-at least, I hope so. But after six months-get out the kleenix. As for the other stuff, you do it because there is no other choice and I have great faith in your 'haning in there abilites'. I see you as Maria. Not the hair but maybe you could whip up new clothes from the drapes!
No high speed internet?????? My blog page will take 20 minutes to load!!!!! Glad you'll be back with your hubby.
We should all come out and dig the necessary utilities lines in order for you to get the desired internet speed of your choosing. This could indeed be a serious problem. Not to get you more worried...
You will pull through this change with FLYING colors... just like you always have. "I never said it would be easy... yada, yada, yada..." :)
Post a Comment