April 5, 2008
9:22 pm
8 pounds 21 inches
We checked into the hospital on Saturday morning and got everything hooked up and going. I was somewhat surprised to find that even with another week behind me, my body still just wasn't cooperating great. It took the longer part of the day to dilate to a 4, and effacement just wasn't taking place. The resident finally decided that I was just far enough to break my water to ease things along. This didn't progress things as quickly as expected either. I then regret that my little cheering squad (it was a special experience to have my Mom and two sisters there) had to witness lots of moaning and wincing. But they were there
Does that about cover it? If you are really interested, let me know and I'll send you a copy of my nitty gritty journal entry of the entire affair: including swear words muttered under my breath, how many times I promised not to do this again, the fainting half naked in front of three people, the tears of desperation and other bodily functions (ie blood clots the size of grapefruits).
Recovery is slow but every day is better...and just when I need the encouragement to make it through this new transition I get to look over at what we made and be undying grateful for the blessing of my daughters.
On Friday I had three kids...on Saturday I had four.
Yesterday I was in the hospital, and then I was home.
Last night I could barely walk, now I am more comfortable.
In the morning there were tears, in the afternoon we were fine...there will be tears again, and then there won't be, and then there will be, and then not...so it goes.
Clark was here yesterday, and now he is gone.
The transitions are the hardest things to remember accurately...they are the things I wish I had details of. How long did this last? When will this change, get better or get worse?
I am so grateful to have this healthy little girl with us...now life goes on..JPG)
.JPG)
Recovery is slow but every day is better...and just when I need the encouragement to make it through this new transition I get to look over at what we made and be undying grateful for the blessing of my daughters.
On Friday I had three kids...on Saturday I had four.
Yesterday I was in the hospital, and then I was home.
Last night I could barely walk, now I am more comfortable.
In the morning there were tears, in the afternoon we were fine...there will be tears again, and then there won't be, and then there will be, and then not...so it goes.
Clark was here yesterday, and now he is gone.
The transitions are the hardest things to remember accurately...they are the things I wish I had details of. How long did this last? When will this change, get better or get worse?
I am so grateful to have this healthy little girl with us...now life goes on.
(and in case you were wondering, she gets the constant furrowed brow from me.)
38 comments:
Congratulations. Nice work and good for you. What a beautiful baby. I am glad that you are all well.
Oh, she is a beauty! Had to laugh -not even home from the hospital and already a bow in her hair. I love the name Hazel, we debated with Addie as it was Brett's grandmothers name. I'm so happy you didn't have to go through another C -sec. Congratulations on your ever growing tribe of beautiful little girls, and good luck with all the many transitions ahead!
Wow! Emily thanks for the picture, I am hungry for them. I love the pictures of Hazel with the girls. (Beside the fact that Abby looks al grown up!) I also noticed that she didn't get blessed with Mia's cowlick-Woohoo! Take your time and get better. We love you!
Congratulations! She is beautiful and I am so excited that part of the challenge is over.
CONGRATULATIONS! We couldn't be happier for you and your adorable family. I sent you an email requesting your parents address, send it when you can! We love you. Welcome to the world Hazel!
Congratulations! She is gorgeous(just like the other 3)!
Oh, she is just perfect! And you are amazing, Em. This was a tough one, and you pulled through like a champ. I heard from all who witnessed that the doctor was even impressed with the strength you mustered to bring this beautiful daughter into the world after such a long ordeal. You have much to be proud of. I can't wait to meet my beautiful new niece. I can't WAIT!
As for the furrowed brow... it must be an Oscarson thing, because my kids all had it, too. :)
She's beautiful! I think the furrowed brow must be because she's thinking, "But I didn't WANT to come out yet!" She did her best to stay put, didn't she? I'm glad you have the journal entry with all the horrible details. You can let her read it when she's older, and maybe she'll appreciate you more! If not, at least you can re-read it yourself and appreciate your own sacrifices all over again! Hope you get a few hours of sleep tonight!
Oh, she is beautiful! I want to come see her and you, but one of my kiddos still has a runny nose. As soon as I can get away without them, I will come up!
Your daughters are proof of what happens when beautiful people make babies. Way to go Em.
She is beautiful!
I am so happy for all of you!
congratulations! i've been waiting for pictures of the new little one. she is so cute! i love brand new babies. there is something so special about them. i'm sorry labor was labor. i love the name hazel. it is the cutest and i love the picture of mia holding her. what a beautiful family you have!
she's beautiful!! congratulations on making it through another delivery. I hope the next few weeks are kind to you :) Isn't it amazing what we are willing to endure to get a little one?!?!?!
she is the most adorable thing i have ever seen! she is just so pretty!! and i am soooo proud of you to go through all of that!! good job!!! we miss and love you guys sooooo much!!!!:)
I personally am exceptionally grateful for your tremendous sacrifice. You are amazing. And to think...I get to spend eternity with you- (I can't wait:)
she is JUICY! I want the nitty gritty details...email me! Blood clots, oh no! I love the family of 6 picture! I love the cheering section, too!
ooh, email me what the deleted comment said, too:)
Hey Emily! This is Emily-well Ginn as you know me. I found your blog from Clarks new post on klein alumni. And I'm so glad I did to see your beautiful family!
Congrats on the new one! She is gorgeous- and why wouldn't se be? It is so wonderful to catch up with you guys and see what an amazing family you have! I love it!!!
I know you are going to be just a little bit busy for the next little while, but if you ever have extra time on your hands you can check out or blog at kikuchiohana.blogspot.com.
Congrats!! I kept checking for pictures-- hooray! She is so pretty and goes along well with the rest of the beauties in the family.
Congratulations!! She is beautiful and I am glad she is finally here. I kept checking your blog for pictures and she fits right in. 4 girls-WOW!! Congratulations again-
Yeah! Abby kept me updated throughout the day...I've heard how hard it was. Great job! I hope that I can meet her sometime...I be she and Ryan would be great friends!
Hey Girl, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
She is beautiful. You did a great job. Hang in there with the breast feeding she'll get the hang of it.
What a great looking family!
I think I love her! Look at all that hair, p.s. Nice one. Good work, mom (I'd say dad too, but most of his contribution in bringing her to the world occurred roughly 10 months ago...is that rude of me?)
I'm not a gushy baby person at all, but Oh. My. Gosh. Hazel is one of the most adorable babies I've ever seen!
Great job on the classic and lovely name, too!
What a cutie! She looks so precious and adorable. Congratulations!
She is CUTE. Congrats, I have never heard about an induction like your that is a first for me. hope your adjusting well. we miss you guys and wish we could see her.
Congratulations on your sweet little baby. I'm glad she finally was convinced to come out. Everybody looks great, and I love the pics of the sibs with Hazel, so cute.
Emma Jo! You have a huge family all of a sudden. You're bonafide! :) You are so amazing and beautiful, and funny, and and and...and I'm so glad I'm your friend! What a sweet little family. We need to live by each other, this is not fair! :) I LOVE YOU!!
Congratulations! I'm not going to lie, that sounds awful! I'm glad the name stuck this time though!
Congratulations!! I came by earlie this week and scanned it because that's all I had time to do and was satisfied knowing that she's here and you're okay and that she has a cute name.
Now I came back to read it nice and slowly and look at the pictures. It's crazy what we do, huh? Life is crazy. I love your family, you're so blessed and lucky.
I hope you feel better by now (mostly) and that you're getting enough sleep (ya, right). If we lived next to each other I would take you other 3 girls so you could have alone time with little H.
love to you, cute Emily.
Congrats! I am so happy that you can now hold Hazel.
Another family...takin' all the girls! Sigh. Oh well- it's about being so happy about what you have been given, right? Your girls are beautiful and congratulations to you two- baby Hazel is adorable. Now you have to be like Megan and go for #5...that is your boy. :) (not that you EVEN want to think about that right now, right?) I have given up on hoping for a girl...it wasn't in the cards, I guess.
She is beautiful addition to your already beautiful little girls. Congratulations.
Yay...WE HAVE A BABY! It was funny Jeff talked to Clark a few days ago and I Was asking for details on the baby...that was before I read your failure to launch post! Funny! I'm glad the day came for little Miss Hazel (love it) to arrive!!! Congrats, you 6!
Yay...WE HAVE A BABY! It was funny-- Jeff talked to Clark a few days ago and I Was asking for details on the baby...and he hadn't even asked any of the important questions,but that was before I read your failure to launch post! I'm sorry the experience wasn't as smooth as Mia's was! I'm glad the day finally came for little Miss Hazel (love it) to arrive!!! Congrats, you 6!
is there an echo in here??
She is beautiful!! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment