Friday, March 11, 2011

Two epiphanies in one week? That's ludicrus!

Before:

After:

I know what you are thinking, two in one week? I was just as shocked as you are.  But after having the misfortune of finding the hand towel on the floor of the bathroom a bajillion and one times, it finally just came to me.  ATTACH THE TOWEL TO THE TOWEL RACK MORON! My subconcious is not always so unkind but sometimes name-calling is totally appropriate.
It may not be pretty, but hopefully it's a bit more sanitary.  There is nothing grosser than finding a hand towel (to dry your freshly cleaned hands) on the floor of a bathroom.  Gross.  Mega gross.
We even had a Family Home Evening lesson one night where I took the entire (yes, the entire family was in need of a refresher course of where the towel goes after you use it) into the bathroom and one at a time made them hang the towel up a dozen times.  It was fun for me.  Very Karate Kid 2010 esque.
[throw towel on floor]
"pick it up."
[they pick it up and hang it up]
[i throw it on the floor]
"pick it up"
repeat 12 times.
It worked for a while.
Now I just need to go attach buttons to every other hand towel in the house.

********

And now a walk down memory lane for my family.  Remember this song? Snippits of the tune were haunting me until I called Abby one day and she reminded me.

I like the part where it sounds like "mother shoot me dead" instead of hunter.
If you are wondering why Hazel has a puppy nose I will explain.  You see, Mia coined the name "puppy ears" for those high piggy tails there.  So after Hazel asked for "puppy ears" this morning, she decided she needed a "puppy nose" too.  I obliged because, why not?  So naturally, when the other girls came home from school they needed to channel their inner animals as well.  It may just be the most action my eyeliner has seen all year.
I might have nightmares about Abby.  Too much.  Just a little too much.  But I do wish you could see her one raised, especially darkened eyebrow.

And coming soon....family pictures by my favorite photographer (a close tie with you, Spencer) who was in town a couple of weeks ago.  Our time together may or may not have included a Justin Beiber dance party.

12 comments:

Berly said...

I think I need to do the same thing. I need to fix the towel and need to have a Family Home Evening. It drives me nuts when that happens. I also find toilet paper all over the bathroom because they get too much or the toilet paper comes off in little pieces, so they throw the leftovers on the floor. It drives me crazy!!

meg said...

There's no offense like a good defense. Brilliant. There's no feeling like outsmarting your kids. I've relished the 2 times it's happened. Here's to your brain and it's ability to be smarter than a fourth grader (and pals).

Lucky Mommy said...

That is a brilliant idea and the animal faces are darling! I think we may get a pet if it could sing like Hazel!

Maleen said...

That is genius I tell you. Pure brilliance. I am ashamed I haven't thought of it myself. Seriously, the towel on the ground is gross.

And your girls are the cutest ever. (animal faces or otherwise.)

Abby said...

Brilliant. I've seen some similar contraptionizing with dish towels, which on the floor run a close 2nd to bathroom towels on floor.
And Hazel...OH THE CUTENESS!!
They all make adorable animals. Megan, who needs a real dog?

Abby said...

ps...should i mention that right this very minute i am waiting for sarah and taylor to arrive at my door?!
too mean?
i'm excited.

Natalie said...

Brilliant Em! What a good idea. Your girls are just so adorable. It's so fun that you have four of a kind.

katyvee said...

Above all else.. FUN new cursive font.
Now.
About you, and your button towel, your life and your children.
Also, all, FUN.

Amy Lynn said...

That song had completely left my conscious memory until Hazel just brought it out of hiding!!! Oh, puppy noses, dead bunnies, towels on the floor...good times, good times.

Charlotte said...

My mother has started attaching magnets to the kitchen towels for the same reason. I make my kids use their pants to dry their hands. Less sanitary, but no towel worries.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

handtowel..that is funny. i can imagine the fhe lesson/karate kid esque. i started my blog post about your fam. i am procrastinating by being here.

Leah said...

Hi,
I just found you blog through "whatever and stuff" and love what you had to say about the bathroom towel battle that has been raging in the homes with children since the the invention of the hand towel. Love all you have to say, and your humor. I too have 4 girls, it is always fun to see a family that mirrors your own. Not a lot of us out there, ya know.
I will be stopping by again.
Cheers,
Leah