JANUARY we were still in Connecticut, most likely freezing our little batacos off.
We built our own submarine
maimed the oldest three girls
and disciplined the children.
In FEBRUARY,
I cleaned out the garage enough to park both cars in there (if only temporarily)
had a few snow days
curled Hazel's hair
and Clark put on Lieutenant Commander. It was also very cold.
In MARCH,
we said Good-bye to Clark for the next six months
and tried to look as goofy in the picture as possible.
This is also the month that we figured it would be fun to deal with a flooded basement
and have the fire department very luckily save us from our house exploding when they discovered our electrical box full of water.
This water was also very cold...are you seeing a pattern?
Then Hazel sat on Mia. This was the end of March.
APRIL meant that
Hazel turned two
Haley and Abby learned to ride a horse
and they all (hopefully) learned how to swim.
Also, we went to DC for Spring Break to see Sho and Spencer and I discovered how tiring it is to travel alone with four kids.
MAY
Abby turned 7
Mia climbed into her pillowcase and cried for Dad
we went to Haley's recorder concert (without earplugs)
and Carrie Ann came to visit...who told you, you could drive that submarine?!
and we may or may not have made an excessive amount of headbands while watching the entire first season of Arrested Development every night.
JUNE, are we really only in June? I mean, it's JUNE already?
We hung at the Dino park
Mia got a fro
Haley read the Buggy Bill of Rights to the President of the United States
School ended
we headed to Utah to see Nolan and Jocelyn tie the knot (we threw up a lot)
and hitched a ride or two on Grandma's walker.
In JULY
the traveling continued on to Texas where we
played in the rain with cousins
swam with cousins
looked cute and adorable with cousins
tried to break our necks with cousins
got our pictures taken by the ever talented Kristen
and hung out with two of my bestest friends.
Then we had to go home to Connecticut in AUGUST where we
laid around making faces at each other
to pass the time as we waited and waited and waited
I saw the real Eiffel Tower (as well as my husband) to help pass the time
for Haley to turn 9
SEPTEMBER, stay with me here...
Mia turned 5
we went to Boston to climb a brass monkey
take our picture with an enormous macaroni
Clark turned 33
we attended Clark's 10 year USNA reunion as well as a USNA football game, found a place to live in DC
and went bowling.
OCTOBER, look alive folks,
we said good bye to our favorite things in Connecticut
and our favorite places
and our favorite people
and moved to Northern Virginia.
NOVEMBER (I can feel it, the end is near...)
we enjoyed fall
then cursed it as we raked the heck out of our yard
enjoyed being "locals"
visited friends for Thanksgiving
and had family photos taken
by our now-local photographers.
Ta da....DECEMBER
We warmed ourselves by the fire
reconnected with our roots while dancing around a Swedish Christmas tree acting like frogs
built a stage
played on it (while standing awkwardly)
got in touch with our inner rock stars
and ended up right back where we should be (albeit a little chilly.)
We hung at the Dino park
Mia got a fro
Haley read the Buggy Bill of Rights to the President of the United States
School ended
we headed to Utah to see Nolan and Jocelyn tie the knot (we threw up a lot)
and hitched a ride or two on Grandma's walker.
In JULY
the traveling continued on to Texas where we
played in the rain with cousins
swam with cousins
looked cute and adorable with cousins
tried to break our necks with cousins
got our pictures taken by the ever talented Kristen
and hung out with two of my bestest friends.
Then we had to go home to Connecticut in AUGUST where we
laid around making faces at each other
to pass the time as we waited and waited and waited
I saw the real Eiffel Tower (as well as my husband) to help pass the time
| the girls started school |
![]() | |||
| I turned 32, obviously |
![]() |
| and finally he came home |
![]() |
| just like he said he would |
![]() |
| though not a moment too soon |
![]() | ||
| Mia to "pretend" to learn to ride a bike |
![]() |
| and things to fall right back into place. Whoa. That was a big month. |
Mia turned 5
we went to Boston to climb a brass monkey
take our picture with an enormous macaroni
Clark turned 33
we attended Clark's 10 year USNA reunion as well as a USNA football game, found a place to live in DC
and went bowling.
OCTOBER, look alive folks,
we said good bye to our favorite things in Connecticut
and our favorite places
and our favorite people
and moved to Northern Virginia.
NOVEMBER (I can feel it, the end is near...)
we enjoyed fall
then cursed it as we raked the heck out of our yard
enjoyed being "locals"
visited friends for Thanksgiving
and had family photos taken
by our now-local photographers.
Ta da....DECEMBER
We warmed ourselves by the fire
reconnected with our roots while dancing around a Swedish Christmas tree acting like frogs
built a stage
played on it (while standing awkwardly)
got in touch with our inner rock stars
spent Christmas in Houston
and ended up right back where we should be (albeit a little chilly.)
































16 comments:
What a thorough recap. I loved every little picture and caption. Happy 2011 cute Scharmann family!
I love it! Your life looks so exciting in that recap! Thanks for sharing so much of it and doing it (your life and your blogging) so well.
Perfect! I have been inspired to do the same thing. Maybe I should post about the gazillion things that went on in December first. :)
Love it! You are just dang fun and exciting people! What adventures await in 2011?!
Love love love all the pictures! It hasn't been an especially easy year, but you have done a great job of all you have done! I love you guys and your fun lives.
LOVED it all! What a crazy year. I loved the big countdown with hearts. And July was MY personal favorite part of your year;)
WOW!! That is great! You did a ton this year-- and I just love the pics of your girls hugging their daddy:) Makes me tear up.
That was awesome. I liked following you through the whole year, although I am a little disappointed that we ended up back here in winter. Could someone fast forward us to Spring...please.
Very fun! I can imagine your girls reading these recaps years down the road. I would LOVE to learn how to make those headbands. So adorable!
I love it! Wow, you sure traveled a lot this year! You are a superhero. You have accomplished (and endured!) so much! And your girls are growing just beautifully.
In that one picture (somewhere just after Clark came home) where you are sitting next to Clark and he is making a face... It looks like your legs are growing out of your arms and you have no torso. It is funny and weird and I like it.
But mostly I like you, and I plan on stealing this post idea. :) U R AWESOME. Come visit. Now.
Loved, loved, loved the pictures. Love the people. Love you.
What's a "bataco"? And do they taste better frozen or just keep longer?
I hope you got your money back for the girls' horseback riding lessons...or was it just the horse that was facing the wrong way?
We can't wait to see the "Funky Butterflies" in person. Can we get an autograph?
Such a fun, wonderful family. Thank you for sharing your year with us. We love you!!
Wow, I am out of breath. Em, I know Clark gets saluted, and he deserves it, but man, you have really been a trooper! So here's me...saluting you! You're one of my heroes! I like the recap idea, I think I'll have to do that on my blog.
Whew! I made it!
Charming, when you put it that way. So concise. Your year just flew by for me!
Ok, so when do I get to come and visit? (Maybe when I can entertain the thought again of travelling alone with kids...and when I have money.)
Wow, what an eventful year!
A great year. I can't believe everything you managed to fit into it!
Post a Comment