Friday, November 06, 2009

Soo-eeee!

 I am staring into the face of two pot luck meals this weekend.  Those of you that know me at all know that "pot" is my least favorite kind of lucky.  I don't like eating food from kitchens that I have never seen, people who may or may not wipe their nose while cooking or wash their hands after using the "you know".  So in light of this little "flu" that is making its way through all of humanity, I am less than enthusiastic to partake.  And although the pandemic like characteristics of this rapidly spreading disease may be frightening, I say, bring it.  I eat swine like you for breakfast...no really, bacon is totally my favorite.
Now imagine me giving my best karate "come hither" glare...oink, oink.  I ain't afraid of you.

 Yeah, that's right.  This is a picture of a pig in a Gi. Take that.

*Disclaimer: If, or rather, when my family is down for the count with this nastiness, I totally take back everything I just said.

Post edit: This post was written last week...the pot lucks are over and we are still as healthy as ever.  What gives?

8 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Pot lucks make me nervous for the same reasons. But we all had the oinky-oink flu last week and I'm glad its all over. It wasn't THAT bad. Its just the flu. And now we don't have to worry about it for the rest of the season!

OK, where in the world did you get that picture? Funny!

mo said...

Ditto, the pot luck dinners. I became this way after VTing someone and watched as their cat walked across the kitchen counters. So far, so good with us too. No svininfluenza yet!

Amy Lynn said...

I don't do pot luck! I watched too many people on my mission with cats and other savory hygiene issues to ever trust food prepared in strange kitchens again.

Take your own bucket of KFC and feign ignorance...what? Pot luck? Oh, I must have misunderstood...

katyvee said...

You funny.

Sarah said...

I do not do pot luck. I will ONLY eat my friends' food.

Spain?? Lucky.

Mandee said...

Were you still around when a certain someone made those "handmade" strawberries? Yeah that pretty much persuaded me to NEVER eat at a potluck again.

Charlotte said...

Dissing on the potluck. I see how it is. And we are swimming in the swine right now. 2 kids home. So you can come on over and make us breakfast (that was the meaning of this post, right?)

Rainie said...

I completely share your phobia of potlucks. I have to know who made the food before I'll eat it. It's best to just grab some fast food on your way to the said event.