Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mia-ese and Nacho Sunday

Ba-taco: (n.) Mexican food.

Mia regularly asks for "batacos".  As far as I can decipher, she has combined the words "burrito" and "taco"....thus is born, the "bataco".  This food is not actually a combination of a burrito and taco, just anything Mexican-like in culinary terms.
However, today I have had the overwhelming need to call everything a ba-taco because I love the word so much.  And she uses it in all seriousness.  ie Get your bataco off the table...pick all these batacos off the floor please...I just love you my little bataco.

More batacos anyone?



Now this is the part where I write something of historical significance to my family.
Dear little family of mine,
Remember how we used to do "Nacho Sunday"? Every week after church we would have nachos, or quesadillas, or chips and salsa, or if we are lucky, Dad's killer bean dip.  And usually we all take turns saying, "hey, that's Notch-yo chip!" because it was always funny again and again and again.
It is a fun tradition and I love it. 
Nacho Sunday.

13 comments:

Charlotte said...

Bataco, I love your nacho Sunday. Good idea. Have a bataco day.

Love the picture.

Maleen said...

I wish that we had a Sunday tradition. But unless you count cranky babies because church is three hours, I don't think we have one. I guess I should get cracking and start one soon.

By the way, I first heard the Nacho Cheese joke at girls' camp and laughed for two days. It is always funny.

mo said...

I just love all of you crazy batacos there in CT! Family traditions are very good....especially if they involve cheese and corn chips!

Amy Lynn said...

I seem to remember cheese something with chips in St. Louis that also involved watching some Dr. Weirdie show on PBS. I remember coming up for the chip and cheese dip stuff but not sticking around for the show. Is this a dream or does anyone else remember this?

I will now use the word "bataco" in a sentence.

I need to move from this chair because my bataco hurts.

Suzie Petunia said...

We always have cheese quesadillas or grilled cheese sandwiches after church. But we definitely need more notch-yo cheese.

Love that Mia.

Berly said...

Batacos - I might steal it from Mia. We love mexican food around here and "batacos" makes it sound even more exciting. By the way - I LOVE THE NEW FAMILY PIC!!!

mo said...

Am, you are absolutely right. For awhile there we always had Ro-tel cheese dip and corn chips while we watched Dr. Who on Sunday night TV. You're right, Dr. Who was a little weird. Although, if you want to get technical, there were actually three or four Dr. Who's through the years, but yeah, all a little strange. The cheese dip was good.

Thunell Family said...

Mia inherited your beautiful hair...I can see it in the picture. amazing. I remember admiring your curls at church. They were always so perfect and stayed that way the entire day. lucky!

Nacho sunday sounds like a great idea!! Maybe we'll have to impliment a bataco around here.

meg said...

I can't tell you how disappointed that I missed out on Nacho Sunday! I never got my nachos, and I never got by bataco. I guess I'll have to come back...

Brett and Amy said...

I LOVE (that's me yelling really loud) your new header pic. If I yell really loud will you get how much I LOVE that picture?!

Lucky Mommy said...

I love your routines and traditions. I will have to think up some of those for us. So far our Sunday tradition is a bowl of cereal after church then I put the boys in front of a church movie while I make dinner. Not so precious as yours. That is a killer picture of Mia! check out that glam! I love the nails and the curls and her outrageously adorable expression. What a fun little cutie pie!

Vi said...

Hey! we used to have Mexican Sunday too... but we took the lazy way out and made frozen taquitos and frozen jalapeno poppers! lol

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i heart nacho sunday