Monday, October 05, 2009

Forced against my will into non-OCDness.

Sometimes my children make it really difficult to maintain my slightly OCDish lifestyle.  We currently are missing one, ONE, pink high top.  They are new.  And they are for school.  And all of my daughters have them therefore making my slightly Type A personality complete.  ONE shoe.  They don't sell ONE shoe in the store or anywhere on the internet.  I have offered $5 to the lucky finder of 'said' shoe.  That is a lot of Mommy money to shell out for a lost item but the threats that she will go to school shoeless have stopped working, especially because she has a million, OK maybe more like 3, pairs of shoes to choose from (OK actually more than that because for some reason when you have four girls people like to give you hand me downs, not realizing of course that I am kind of snobby and shopping for little girls is fun....I mean, I'll take the clothes, don't get me wrong, but I ain't gonna stop the shopping if I find a steal or something irresistibly cute.)

If you happen to see a lone pink high top, size 12 laying on the side of the road somewhere, would you be a lamb and pick it up for me? I'm out of places to look.

11 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

Buy another color set and mix them up Punky Brewster style.

Sunnie said...

i hate losing things. it drives me sooooo crazy! i am pretty good at finding things most of the time (which is good because it is not jake's strong point) so when something is beyond me finding it, i get so frustrated! i can relate!

Rynell said...

That would totally freak me out too. And I really feel the same way about hand-me-downs that you do.

Thunell Family said...

How many times has this happened to me?! And it always seems to be the cute pair of shoes, not the cheap, thrashed pair. They inevitably fall out while my gang piles out of the car. Hope your shoes' fate has a lot better ending! After all, pink high-tops are adorable!

Leese said...

so cute and so sad! hope it turns up somewhere soon. we have lots of crocs around here...but only one in each color! of course it's the $30 real ones, not the cheap target or payless ones that always end up missing! somehow it doesn't bother my 5 year old to wear one blue and one yellow,(he's a boy after all!) luckily they can't be worn to school! grrr... good luck!

Jessica said...

I Know...where do those things go? We have lost several shoes, never to be found. I have a theory that there is a fourth demension out there somewhere, it will be full of single shoes, gloves, and socks, and the occasional favorite worn out pair of undies.

Suzie Petunia said...

I just found it in the bottom of my toy closet. How did it get all the way to Oregon??

Charlotte said...

Still lost? :(

We lost our DirectTV remotes for MONTHS. Finally found them in the bottom of our blanket closet. So keep up the hope.

Amy Lynn said...

Maybe it's vacationing with our lost shoes? I think they get sick and tired of always being paired up with that same match and so one day, while hanging out in the cubby with the other shoes, it decided to hook up with someone else and they took off. Could that be my first picture book? Or is it too racy?

Abby said...

Our OCD hearts go out to you [in a very sanitary manner]. Tragic.

--Mo & Abby

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

so sorry about that shoe--I would be bugged, to0. Brownies look scrumptious.