
Mia Lovisa
September 1, 2005
7 pounds, 12 ounces
20 inches long
September 1, 2005
7 pounds, 12 ounces
20 inches long
This is the time of year when we are slammed with birthdays. Four of us in two weeks. So we celebrate, recuperate for a day or two and go at it again. I just leave our Happy Birthday
banner up the entire time.What to say about my little Mia. She was by far the easiest birth and my smallest baby. That about says it about her. She is so easy going and fun to be around. She is at that age where her personality continues to explode and continually is adding to her repertoire of very quotable catch phrases like "I love it!" and "I do I do I do!" She had genuine surprise and excitement with every present that she opened. I think her favorite was her silver "parkly" shoes that might just be worn every day until the sparkles are gone.
She has dimples and an adorable smile with dark, thick eyelashes. She also can be very very silly and gets tremendous joy from making other people laugh. I can't believe that she is so old. She is a happy big sister and a fun little sister. I am looking forward to school starting tomorrow as Mia and I will be able to spend a lot more one on one time (at least for half a day). She keeps asking if we are going to the library, knowing that it will be our special outing while the other girls are in school.
She is into wearing swim suits all day long...she changes a dozen times during the day and it doesn't matter whose she has on. She is also going through her "clumsy period" and seems to be
Her birth was special for different reasons. Like I mentioned, it was by far the easiest, nay pleasant. When they told me the head and shoulders were out I asked "already?" and I felt great after she was born. She slept through the night at 4 months. Enough said. She was also the first birth that I had other family there with us in the room. We were living in Texas at the time near both of our parents and other siblings. Both of our Moms were there along with my little sister. They stood ever so quietly in the corner. I wouldn't have even known they were there except for the quiet cheering and encouragement that they couldn't help but whisper. "Come on, you can do it...you are doing great...she's coming!" It was like my little pep squad of angels...and then they were there to share that unique experience with us.
Mia is my funny character. She is an easy companion and good girl. I love her so much and am equally grateful that she is part of our family...she fits just where she should.
16 comments:
I love the line "she fits just where she should." How perfect! Happy Birthday, Mia!
Your girls are all so beautiful.. Really. I look at pictures of them, and just want to stare at how cute they are. Have fun celebrating all the birthdays!
What a sweetie! I love learning about her quirky traits and "parkly" shoes!
She has the cutest smile. A melt your heart kind of smile. Happy Birthday!!
She is a terrific kid. I am sad I only get her four more months in Nursery and then have to send her off to Charlotte. I love these synopses of each kid. What a fun annual tribute. Happy Birthday Mia. Love ya!
I love hearing these stories about the girls! What a great way to help celebrate their birthdays!! I also love seeing their baby pictures. They are all too cute- I feel bad for Clark when they grow up and all the boys come knocking!
Happy Birthday Mia!!!
I've said it before, and I stand by it, I feel part ownership of Mia. She is and forever will be Cubby's special friend. She makes me smile--Love you, Mimi!
The pictures at the top is absolutely beautiful. She is gorgeous - and looks alot like an Oscarson. Our birthday time is the beginnging of the year.
Here is that story you wanted from my blog - sorry, couldn't find your email.
One evening a Cherokee elder told his grandson about the battle that goes on inside people's heads. He said 'My son, the battle is between the two 'wolves' that live inside us all. One is unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self-pity, resentment and inferiority. The other is Happiness.
It is joy, hope. serenity, kindness, compassion, generosity and truth'. The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather 'which wolf wins?' The old Cherokee simply replied, 'the one you feed'
Oh, my! I just love that little girl! "I do, I do, I do!" How is her head? Stitches out? Healing nicely?
alyssa is also a major snorer...my mom actually likes to share a room with her because she sleeps better from the ryhthmic "white noise" our little girls are so close in age, they could be good friends
Happy Birthday Mia!
Happy Birthday, Mia! Love you, Grandma
Everything my Meems says and does goes straight to my heart. She is pure 100% delightful. Happy Birthday Meems! I love you.
I love her... I do, I do, I do!
Oh, sweet Mamma Mia girl. She is so sweet and endearing. I love when she is standing near me and she lets me pick her up and squeeze her and kiss her cheeks and then she ever so politely asks to be put down and she is off. She is truly perfect in your family! Give her a big love! (I really can't believe she is 3 years old!!!)
Post a Comment