I think I talk too much...is it excessive to write a blog about it? You know that statistic that states "on average women say 7,000 words per day. Men manage just over 2000"?
I am so far ahead that I'll have to be completely mute for the last decade of my life. Not only do I talk people's ear off but I also write blogs...imagine if I didn't have that outlet, I might actually bore someone all the way to death during a conversation. My husband has conceded and learned to just politely nod and "uhu" every few minutes when I am anywhere near him for an extended period of time.
My sister and I have been known to have one long conversation throughout the day even though we live 2,000 miles apart. I'll call her or she'll call me and just start in the middle of the sentence that we left off on a couple of hours before.
I just gotta comment on what we are watching or what I am reading...the quintessential "peanut gallery". This is ironic because I can't stand it when someone talks to me during a movie...except my husband...but only if we are at home...if we are at a theatre, watch out--you'd better keep your trap shut or I'm likely to shush you, ignore you or give an apologetic look to the people around me.
I am the queen of too much information. Give me five minutes and you'll know all of my deepest dark secrets, fears ambitions and how often I have bowel movements....see, I just did it again.
Sometimes I resolve myself to be quiet and introspective. The less is more theory. Maybe people would be intrigued by my quiet fortitude and actually WANT to know more. But then I remind myself about my husband and how he thinks it would be fun the next time we move to pretend to be shy. We all know how long that would last.
Ironically enough, I do not like talking on the phone especially.
So come, sit by me and let me give you an ear full.
19 comments:
You're cute. Talking a ton must run in the family. Thank goodness you let it spill out onto your blog because I absolutely hate talking on the phone too and therefore will probably never ever call you. But, because of this adorable blog, I can still find out what you're up too. Keep it up. Quiet people are too much work. Let it flow!
The more I learn about you (thanks to consistant blogging), the more I begin to believe that we may be long lost sisters.
Maybe it part of being home all day with kids. I didn't used to be as especially big talker, but now, when I get going with someone I enjoy talking too, watch out! I too would MUCH prefer talking in person than on the phone. It is just much more fun!
Your musing makes way too much sense. From the marathon phone calls with my sister to the broken promises to myself to talk less at the next social gathering. To the realizing I gave out TMI accidentally AGAIN. I like to hear your stories, though. They are always quite interesting.
Yep, I am sure we are soul sisters of a sort. We both have four girls, and I am sure that I blog more than your average Joe (maybe not more than your average Emma Jo). I seem to post almost daily because there is always something I want to say.
Pooh pooh to the quiet and introspective. They don't have any fun at all...not that I can see anyway.
oh another one of my kind! and you are right i do know alot of your fears-flossing with yarn, eating foil...- but what i love about your talking is that you always tell good stories about who knows what and they always teach me a lesson of some sort or what not to do! so thanks for talking! :)
Emily,
See if you can find your name on my blog.
Love,
Aunt Verlinda
Um. So people might buy that unless they know your BIG MOUTH older sister...you can talk? I think I have actually emotionally damaged people from too much of my "blah, blah, blah". Which is also funny because I would never have said you talked to much which makes me wonder...if you really DO talk alot and I DON'T think you talk alot...then where does that put me? I better go find someone to talk this out with.
And sorry...I stink at telephones as well.
At least you find people to talk to. I find myself talking to myself. And then asking myself if it's bad that I'm talking to myself.
I love that you're a blab - it took all of 5 minutes to feel like I'd known you forever. Of course, I'd also been reading your blog so I knew the last 4 years of you anyway. =)
We must be cut from the same cloth, you and I. I was just thinking about how this today... How I always offer more information than is required and perhaps appreciated. I guess I never want to leave anyone wondering how I stand on an issue. I never want someone to have to wonder what I'm thinking... but I guess there is charm in that, too. :)
Dear Emily,
This is Verlinda's Mom, Jerianne's Mamaw (aka Mamaw to Clark)
Since Verlinda has let the cat out of the bag, so to speak, I thought I sould confess. I love reading your blog!! I hope you don't mind.
Clark told us how special you are, when we last saw him, and I agree.
I think you are delightful and would love to know you personally.
Give those darling girls a hug and please tell Clark that I still think he is wonderful.
Mamaw
You may talk a lot but you also listen, which makes a huge difference between interesting and annoying. Plus, you have such a great sense of humour and positive outlook that I always enjoyed listening to you! Don't stop!
You can talk my ear off any time! As long as you are willing to let me talk yours off!
I often think of my eulogy at my funeral... I know there might be one or two things that might be flattering to me, but there are some things that will NEVER be said of me:
1. She was so quite & reserved... so ladylike.
2. I never heard her say an unkind word about anybody.
Funny, my last blog entry- well the one before the kids starting school because that just happened- was titled "I am an Open Book"
Those crazy Klein girls!
www.thetitmi.blogspot.com
I'm with Amy--I'm thinking in comparison you ARE quiet and reserved...oh geez, I'm in trouble. Hope you're having fun this week with your BFFs.
I was just wondering, does the 7000 words a day include all the singing out loud and talking to myself?
awe man... and we were over for way more than 5 minutes and heard NOTHING about bowel movements... I feel a bit neglected...
By the way- I made the chicken rolls for my parents, sister and her kids- and they all LOVED them- it's a process but worth it in the end! YUM-O
I would love to come and chat with you! And does the 7000 include all the times I say the word "no" to my children?
Post a Comment