"Is this amount OK?"
Am I the only one that wants to scream "No it's not!" back at the machine?....mostly just at the grocery store. What ever happened to the good old barter system? I have so much expendable junk around my house I probably would have qualified as one of the richest people in the world. I mean, I would have had a lot of stuff to work with. We could be eating Filet Mignon and bon bons every night while someone else sat at our feet and rubbed them with lotion...all for the mere price of say, a broken baby swing and mismatched picture frames...or if you prefer, an old Annie costume and "skinny clothes" from college...heck, I'll even throw in my husband's autographed poster of Danny White from a couple of decades ago. Maybe its time for another garage sale where we convince other people that they want to give us money for all that crap sitting in our basement in boxes in hopes that someday it may be of some use to us again...I thought we just did that last year. How come we still have so much?
And thank you all for your concern on the haircut front. Here are the before and after pics. I know, it's not so bad (until I tried to do something with it.)
The greatest part of this story is that I had to sit down with Abby this morning and have "a talk" with her about why it's never OK to cut someone else's hair...this after finding a small pile of fine, blond hair behind Mia's bed this morning. The irony just kills me.
17 comments:
Not only do I sometimes feel like yelling, I do yell at other drivers while in my car. And sometimes at the TV and radio. After my nephew made fun of me and my kids started prememptively yelling at the cars for me, I have tried to cut back to muttering under my breath. I will be one of THOSE crazy old ladies someday.
And your before haircut unfortunately looks a lot like my actual haircut. :(
I think your hair looks great!
My solution to the cash register request to verify amounts...I just don't look at the amount figuring that I have so little choice in the matter.
I'm all for the barter system as long as I am on the winning side of the exchange.
Love the haircut, long or short, it looks good no matter what.
I saw your parents while I was visiting in Utah at the Foxboro reunion, it was fun to see them
Totally random, I had a dream about you and your sister Abby last night, can't remember it exactly but you guys were there.
Love reading your blog, wish I was as entertaining as yours is.
Lea
You look like me....only cuter and with less wrinkles.
Haha, you make me laugh! I too would like to bring back the barter system, it would make life so much more exciting.
I like your haircut, someday you can post some pictures of funky and trendy.
Super cute, perfect cut! No need for trendy or funky when you already have CUTE!
I think it is funny when I go to a store and as I'm checking out with all my stuff, they ask if I want validation. Are you kidding me? Validate me, love me, adore me...and then they just hand me a sticker for parking. It is always such a let down.
Ah, funny story...I got my hair cut the other day, hated it, tried to cut it myself, and now have to go in for a "repair" job. Interesting...
Emily, not only is your hair cute but you are looking so good. What are you doing? Maybe Abby should just take a few classes so you can minimize the damage!
Your hair look adorable! Would it make it better or worse to tell you that it looks an awful lot like mine and Alexa's? Let's all go somewhere together!
oh my goodness your hair looks adorable! and are all my sisters just waiting for me to get my haircut, b/c i am the only one with a different hair style! but you look cute! :)
such a cute haircut! and i'm still waiting for the day one of my girls decides to give one of their sisters or themselves a haircut. it's just a matter of time i'm afraid.
Your hair looks adorable! I have never had good luck with new haircuts. Unqualified disasters. I love this post because I always want to say the same thing at the grocery store when I see the total. I always check to make sure they did my "bonus" card because I think it should be so much less than it is. I promise to go work on my family birthday info now!
Looks great!
Oh La La...Looks good.
your hair is cute as always. somehow i have managed to avoid the haircutting issue with my kids. however, brooklyn did cut a nice shirt once and russell just wants to cut me. mmmm, some day going for the hair might be nicer :)
get rid of the college jeans anyway, they are no longer in style and never will be. i like both haircuts, and so sad that abby cut mia's hair:(
I think the end result on the hair looks wonderful. Makes me want to chop my hair again.
For the record, I have been a bit of a lurker, but I did comment once before the 'dream' comment. I will try to be more diligent.
And yes, there have been many times I have wanted to yell at the credit card swiper. Are groceries getting more expensive or is it just me?
Post a Comment