We had a blast with Sadie here, doing all the fun things that we love to do. Thanks for coming Sades!!! We miss you!
We hit the library to keep up with our summer reading program (wouldn't want the girls to miss out on all those fabulous prizes like plastic bags and foam sun visors!...our library is a very very old house and almost without fail someone in my little clan always comments on "the old smell" when we go each week.)
We took Sadie to the Nautilus Submarine Museum. At first the wax sailors throughout the sub scared her...and then she started to think they were kinda cute.
We took her to one of the impressive casinos out in the middle of the woods and ate at Hard Rock Cafe. This is her with a Britney Spears outfit...guess they couldn't sell it for any money, go figure.
...and this is the David Lee Roth poster at Hard Rock Cafe that scared Mia so bad she wouldn't stop crying until Clark left early with her.
And we took advantage of Sadie's babysitting services to attend doctor's appointments and Clark's change of command ceremony for his Sub--he now has a new Captain. Clark was part of the official party and stood on the deck of the Nautilus holding a 10 pound spyglass for an hour in sunny 80 degree weather on the deck of a black submarine without moving an inch...he stood at attention the entire time moving only to salute on and off coming members of the ceremony. Sadie was worried for him-"what if he has to go to the bathroom?" We assured her that he would go potty before the ceremony started. I was mostly trying to convince him that if he had to faint, try not to roll off into the water where the killer swans would get him.
Thanks for the fun time Sadie!!!!!
11 comments:
i had a blast too! thank you so much, and i will be glad to visit any time! and i would be scared of those mean swans too! :)
I could be your Sadie replacement. You could take me swimming and shopping for Britney Spears outfits and feed me icecream. You can even take advantage of my babysitting while you oggle your man in uniform.
Are you sure that tall beauty is Sadie? Isn't she still an adorable baby sitting on her mom's lap in church? I swear I think that is the last time I saw her... so sad. You are gorgeous, Sades! I'm glad you all had such fun. I miss you.
Wow, now I feel boring. I don't do near as many fun things when company comes to visit.
Yeah. Charlotte is boring. She makes her guests sit and stare at the water all day. Can you imagine how awful it would be to visit her?
I hope Sadie had fun. It was hard to share you so it's a good thing she's so happy and nice so we didn't mind as much.
Don't appologize for your book review - that's whats great about reading! Thank you for taking such good care of Sades. Your fam means so much to her (she COULDN'T get on a plane for just anyone!). You guys are so much fun and Clark is a stud.
What a fun time! Everyone needs a Sadie in the family.
It looks like you had such a fun visit. I am so glad! Hope all is going well in your ten acres!
fun pictures from sadie's trip. sadie is so great. i bet you guys had the best time!
i want to go to mystic pizza and the outlet mall...i love sadie's shirt with the fake necklace's on it.
Sounds like you guys has a great time! I hear a certain little someone has two teeth?!?
Post a Comment