Be warned: this is what a little sleep deprivation and a bad attitude will get you.
one little girl in a different swimsuit every hour on the hour
bits of unidentified "paper" all over the bathroom floor
a sad baby
three unpacked suitcases and two unpacked backpacks
no baby formula (see #2 above)
two not-so-little girls still in their pj's at 3pm
a Mom in her pj's because she hasn't showered or unpacked bags
a tv turned on with no one watching and nothing but fuzzy snow
breakfast dishes still on the table
a half concocted "to do" list
four neglected children
a list of thoroughly read blogs
unmade beds
dirty bathrooms
a very messy house in every room
breathe in...breathe out...do one thing at a time.
15 comments:
How could you possibly know the workings of our house without actually being here??? I hope it gets better soon.
My house is in the same state it was while I was reading THE BOOK. It's been a couple of weeks since I finished so I really have nothing to blame it on now. At least you have a reason, and hey, you blogged, so write that on your half concocted list, so you can cross it off.
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with days like this...thanks!
Yeah! Welcome home! I thought about calling you but figured if you were ready to socialize YOU would call. Call if you want help and I'll be there in a jiffy. I can even put on my pjs and put butter in my hair first if it would help.
I hate days like this, but I guess its good to know that everyone has them. I hope tomorrow is a better day.
I've discovered that those days serve an important perpose for me - I find that I get so frustrated and mad by the end of the day, I'm SUPER productive the next to not have two sucky days in a row!! My lesson: One sucky, sad, dirty day can also serve an important perpose.
so "thoroughly read blogs" means you've been reading them instead of doing all those others things? I don't remember any comments from you...did you get my package? You better not be cleaning or hanging up pictures for the impending visit next week...go that baby some formula!
I say embrace these days. They stick, but make the better ones SOOOOO much better.
In some weird way, I am glad that you wrote that because, it's nice to know other moms have this same issue. I'm sure tomorrow is another day. And if not, then the next one after that. :)
some days are like that, even in australia. . . according to Alexander's mom. Hopefully tomorrow is better!!!
Welcome home.
I love reading your blog and knowing that I am not the only one that has those days.
Good luck, I hope you get back into your groove quickly. I had several of those days last week- but this week has been better (something about school starting I think)
I'm a mother who can relate to that! On those days I feel like crud, get down on myself and then I feel like I have to kick it into goal mode the next day and maybe glance at the fly lady for some helpful hints. Those days I'm just plain lazy and don't want to do my normal routines. The good thing about those days is that it makes you appreciate the good days even more.
p.s. I don't think you're lazy!
Don't you love vacation? How was the trip home? Did you drug them all and read a good book the whole way? I wish I could bring my kids over and we could all just sit in our pj's and neglect each other. I miss you.
Post a Comment