Hazel has surprised us all. Sometimes I forget that she has to grow and get bigger. Not only did she start rolling over a couple of weeks ago but she cut two teeth this weekend! I almost cried when I felt them. It was like a jolt of reality that "oh yeah, she's growing up". Granted, this is a full 2 months earlier for teeth than any of my other kids (a scary thought after reading Breaking Dawn with the rapidly growing vampire baby...I was a little frightened about my baby's
accelerated growth rate.) In any case, I suppose she'll grow up like all the others. 'sigh'As adorable as she is, I have threatened giving her up for adoption almost daily on the basis of how much she spits up all over everyone and everything. The doctor finally switched her to soy formula which has helped. So besides less spit up volume, she also smells like Cream of Mushroom soup all the time, which is an improvement from sour milk. This is how she has to eat...it reminds me of the position that bull riders take to keep their balance.
I wish that I was as amazing as my children. They really stand very little chance of being smarter than their parents. Remember last winter when my older daughters cut each other's bangs? I was so bewildered that they could have ever thought that was a good idea? Remember that? I do.
A few weeks ago I took it upon myself to "trim" my own bangs. After all, while living in Texas I never paid to have that done. My sister would just have me stand in the bathtub and 'snip snip' with my dull bathroom scissors...the deed was done, they looked great. On my own however, I didn't do such a great job. They weren't horrible. In fact my hair is pretty forgiving because its thick and lays funny anyway. But last night I trumped even my own stupidity. You see, I finally had my hair cut professionally a few weeks ago. I had a good 6 inches cut off. I liked it but as the weeks passed I was wanting just the bottom layer cut off. So instead of making an appointment with a trained professional (enter me hitting my forehead repeatedly and saying 'stupid stupid stupid' over and over again.) I asked my husband to trim me up after my shower last night. In my own defense I at least had him use my very sharpest sewing scissors to do it. Surprisingly enough I didn't cry, I just gave myself the evil eye with every snip of the scissors while I
Moving onto happier topics, I finally made a cute chore chart. I attempted a fancy job wheel a couple of weeks ago and couldn't bring myself to use it because it was wretchedly un-cute. This one is much better...now we can run to the chart excitedly and look at the adorableness with eager anticipation of doing our jobs...right.
25 comments:
I love the chore chart! You are very creative.
The youngest child does seem to grow faster. She will still continue to amaze you.
I too love the chore chart! I mean who wouldn't want to look at those cute faces all day long? As far as the spit goes...Jackson was a spitter and I am happy to say he finally grew out of it. But until that time it was just gross! And lastly....your hair. I give you kudos for not crying and for having the presence of mind to not yell at Clark. I am sure it looks a lot better than what you are describing.
I promise not to tell you again that you know better than to let your husband cut your hair...after all, I think I already said it to you twice on the phone. I wish I could come watch the girls so you could go get it evened out. The chore chart is darling! I love that Hazel's chore is to look cute.
Kudos on the job chart. Very cute. I have that on my list of things to do, that I never seem to get to. Sigh..maybe when school starts?
I bet your hair doesn't look as bad as you think it does. You have such a cute face, I bet people will be looking at that along with your smile, instead of your hair!
Really? No picture of the haircut? I am bummed. I am sure you will find someone to make it look fabulous! By the way, LOVE the chore chart. Want to come to Phoenix, organize my house, and put cute things up on the walls? You are more than welcome to!
I was so disappointed to not see a picture of the haircut! Cute chore chart though... I need to have more children to do the jobs I don't want to do.
Adorable--except probably your hair...
You never disappoint when it comes to a darn cute idea for a craft! I wish you were still right close by so I could use that head of yours! I LOVE the job chart!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new Clark cut! And I'm excited to hear that you and Darcy are in the primary pres. together! She's so fun!
oh my goodness you are so right! hazel is sooooooo adorable!! and i am sure that you will find a way to make you hair look good! if it makes you feel any better, i have a friend that their dad cuts her and her sisters hair! and that chore chart is adorable!! :)
cute cute job chart! i've been thinking about trying to put one together. we'll see if i get around to it. sorry about the bad haircut. i don't think jake would ever cut mine, even if i begged him. he'd be too scared. i give clark credit for even trying.
I'm sorry Hazel spits up and smells. At least she's cute. If you really want to put her up for adoption, I'll take her, though I admit I am enjoying the no spitting for once.
You went out in public today so the hair can't be that cute. Put a cute bow in it like you do the girls and no one will notice.
I need more info on the chore chart. My kids have 6 items a day on their chart, not just 2. But it all has to do with putting stuff away, not scrubbing. What exactly do you expect from a 2 yr old cleaning the bathroom? Spell it out for me sister.
You broke even between the awesome chore chart and the not so bright choice of hair stylist. Thank you so much for the call. I needed it.
You broke even between the awesome chore chart and the not so bright choice of hair stylist. Thank you so much for the call. I needed it.
that job chart makes ME want to come on over and do some jobs! I still don't get the bull picture even after your explanation. Do you remember when you and Adam cut my hair to make it look like "waterfalls"? Yeah, I went and got it re-cut. Please show us a picture of it before you get it redone.
I had my husband cut my hair ONCE. Um, 12 years ago. Never again.
I liked sitting through church and trying to convince myself that my hair could never look so nice because it is a complete different hair type. Now what am I going to think about? Probably look how good she still looks, even though her husband is her hair stylist. (But at least that means I will be paying attention to the speaker this time)
The chore chart looks great!! My kids would have all the pieces lost in a week if I tried it.
I recently had my hair professionally cut with the bottom layer 2-3 inches shorter than the lop. It was weird, especially when I put it up, but you couldn't tell when it was down, so maybe no one will notice...maybe? Good luck on the talk! And is Hazel going to let me cradle her and pretend she's still an infant at Christmas? 'Cuz I'm really looking forward to that.
Oh my goodness- that is the cutest chore chart I've ever seen- I think I'm going to steal it and just pretend I have four kids!
Did you make all of the chore chart yourself? That looks like a lot more work than a circle thingy and WAY cuter! Does Hazel need acid reflux medicine? Michael was on it as a baby. So sorry about your hair. I know I feel out of control when my hair is all wrong. I'm sure you look cute with it anyway - you always do! Good luck on Sunday!
I love the chore chart. How cute. I wm with you. I make chore charts and they don't turn out cute, so I don't use them. I might have to steal your idea.
This is going to seem like a really random comment, but I had a dream about you last night so I thought I would mention it.
I have been in the middle of another book, so I haven't gotten to Breaking Dawn yet, so I have been trying to avoid info about the book so I don't spoil it for myself. It was really my own fault that I read your Stephenie Meyer post, but it started harmlessly enough, that I thought I would be safe (oops, not so much).
I was a bit surprised that you hadn't written some kind of spoiler alert warning. And then in this last post you mentioned something again about the book. I guess I better get by rear in gear and read the book already huh?
But the thing that made me laugh was my dream last night where I saw you and your husband in some store. You looked about 8 months pregnant and I remember telling my husband that I thought it was impossible because didn't you JUST have a baby? Then he asked if you were the lady who had spoiled Breaking Dawn and I told him yes. Then I found myself yelling "Spoiler" really loudly. Wow, I am so rude in my dreams.
I am really not offended in real life, I just thought you would get a kick out of this story.
By the way, I really like your new pictures of your youngest two.
Cutest. Job chart. Ever. !! But poor Mia has quite a work load for such a tiny girl... mop the downstairs AND clean the upstairs bathroom? Why don't you just dress her in rags and call her "Cinderella"? :) If I were in your family, I would want Hazel's job. I'm really good at that stuff.
And as for your hair... I am truly sorry. Next time have Taylor do it for you! He did a great job on mine!
Hi Emily. I love you, and I want to see your haircut. If it is really bad, I promise to grow out my beard, shave it off, and mail it to you for use as a wig.
Oh...please, please, please make me a chore chart. I just made each of my kids one and I'm ashamed and embarassed...I did it on the computer and printed it out on white paper. Blah and double blah.
I'm still laughing that we both cut our hair. Except yours looks really cute and mine is really messed up. And I didn't have my husband do it...I knew if I told him I would get a lecture and he would have saved me from my own stupidity. And now I just have to look stupid.
Life is so unfair.
Oh, and why aren't you using Enfamil's A&R formula? That is what our pediatrician recommended for H. and not only did it really minimize the spitting up, but she slept for 7 hours straight at night. My neighbor just started using it and is also singing its praises. It has a the rice starch in it and is a beautiful thing! Try it...go ahead...just try it.
Post a Comment