





What a week! We ended up taking a rather last minute trip to Utah for a family reunion planned by my Dad and some cousins. The week started out rough with lots of illness and wandering the isles of Target for some kind of medication that would make it all go away before getting on an airplane with four kids. I was so grateful to be able to go since originally we didn't think it was going to be possible. Not only did my entire family (kids and Clark) get to be there, but every single one of my siblings, their spouses and children were there too...I can't remember the last time that happened. Unfortunately, duty called and Clark was only there for a day and a half but it was well worth it. I just love my family so darn much. They are pretty cool people.
Not only did I get to go on a vacation but it just so happens that I got to turn 30 too. I have decided (with several months of anticipation and preparation) to embrace turning 30. This is me embracing 30.
Clark had to leave the afternoon of my birthday so he did his darnedest to make it special up until then. I got breakfast in bed (cinnamon rolls and an omelet) while being serenaded by Clark, my Mom and Dad and the girls. Clark and I are trying to be responsible and conservative this year with our birthdays so we agreed on no gifts. This meant that I got some very meaningful things that I am truly grateful for. Thank you so much to all who contributed to the blog set up for my birthday (and to those of you who actually helped set it up.) After breakfast Clark brought me the laptop and my Mom brought me Kleenex. I read your comments and felt loved indeed. I was sung to multiple times and even read an original poem to by my very literary brother. Is it cliche to say that I look forward to my birthday all year? I'm glad I was born and it feels nice to celebrate me.
The trip was just right...a hike up Timpanogas where I though that I might die of exhaustion or surely one of my children would fall off one of the many many many precarious drop offs on the trail...eating at all my favorite places...lots and lots of conversations with the most delightful people...reminiscing...my family...family outings...the most comfortable accommodations...riding the alpine slide...the most perfect weather with the most perfect company (minus my hubby) on the most luscious of grassy hillsides...and only one small tragedy last Sunday when Mia fell and had to get 4 stitches on her head (and a plane ride home with four kids by myself...I'm just trying to get sympathy...they actually were very well behaved even though we were very tired and malnourished by the end of the day.)
Another year down, hopefully lots more to go. I think the 30's will be good to me.
17 comments:
You certainly don't look older, and I don't think you could get any wiser. I love those pictures -and way to embrace 30! I'm glad you had a great birthday and got to spend it with LOTS of family.
It was a very enjoyable occasion. Get the 30s ready for Babbs and I, we'll be there in a bit.
I should give the macro shots I took of Mimi's stitches... whether you want to post them or not would be up to you. But she did look cute with the Hello Kitty band-aids all weekend.
I am so glad you had such a great time! I love the pictures. YOur girls really are so very beautiful. Happy birthday! I'm glad it was good. For some reason, turning 31 was more wierd for me than 30..don't know why. And, the 30's will be good to you!
i love the BIG family picture, how fun to all be together! I love your little family picture and those shots of your girls, wow, haley looks 16! you do their hair so cute:) I will assume your little bro took those picts, they look great! and you make 30 look great!
Happy 30th Birthday, Emily! I am glad that you had a wonderful celebration. My mom has always said that her 30s were the best! I am enjoying mine so ar and I know that yours will be just as fabulous, if not more. :)
Happy 30th! I love my 30th and I am sure you will too. :o)
that is one big group! and you are all so adorable! and i would be very scared to walk that trail too! Happy Birthday and you don't look a day over 22! :)
Happy 30. I have two whole years on you. Does that mean I am older and wiser than you? Somehow I think not.
Hope you didn't have the same cold we had at my house- that would have been terrible for traveling (and all the coughing would have freaked out the other passengers)
Happy belated birthday. sounds like it was a good day. turning 30 isn't so bad - i actually had fun turning 30 and the years after are hard to keep track of, so i just use my trusty calculator (Aaron) to keep track of my age.
Hey, happy birthday! You look much wiser and much much younger! You do know how to celebrate life, huh? Thanks for the example...and yes, those Timp drop offs are enough to want to hyperventilate anytime my boys let go of my hand. N E R V O U S.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Thirty looks good on you! And you girls are gorgeous too. Fun pictures! I'm glad to hear that you had a good plane ride. That's one of my biggest fears: plane rides with multiple children in tow.
Here's to another great 30 years!!
I'm so glad you had a happy, happy day! It is really hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that you are 30. Take it from me, it is not anywhere near old. But the fact that my little sister...that one of the LITTLE kids gang is 30...that is a little strange. I love you and your amazing family. It was SO good to have your here and be able to see you for a few days.
By the way, is the blog with your birthday wishes on it open for public viewing? I'd love to see all the wonderful things people wrote about you!
Embrace it Em! :)
I MISS YOU!!! COME BACK!!! We did have a good time. It was Heaven. I am glad you are in your 30's now. You are now an adult for reals. I love you and your darling girls... and your darling husband, too.
Ooooh! Happy Belated Birthday!
What a wonderful trip. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family. Birthdays and family go perfect together.
(After I turned 30, I found it hard to keep track of my actual age.)
Cuter and Wiser!
Post a Comment