Baby steps. So I have decided to regress with my children. Instead of the normal WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) approach, I need to go more basic..we're looking for raw fear. So here is what I propose. A bracelet that asks them
"Would My Mom Yell At Me For This?"
Would you buy one?
Would you buy one?
9 comments:
I try an even more totalitarian approach. I instill such fear in my kids, that they literally believe that EVERYTHING they do is wrong, and they will get in trouble for it. That way, when they "misbehave" and "get in trouble" its for things like breathing loud when Dad's watching TV, or making eye contact with me. They never even dare to approach doing things that actually ARE bad.
They'll be basket cases, but that'll be years from now, when it's their spouses problem, and not mine.
Sure, I'd buy one, if it had polka dots on it.
This story goes along with your idea...We had a family home evening lesson about The Good Samaritan. I had a felt cut-out story, activity, the whole nine yards. They got the story, and I thought to myself "that was a great lesson, this will really help them understand about treating others kindly" The next day, Seth was beating up on his little brother. So I kindly asked if he thought that is something the good Samaritan would do. He looked at me and said "No way. I just like being like the bad guys in the story. It's more fun" So, what do I do with that??
You? Yell? If you had asked me 10 years ago I would never guess you would yell at your kids one day. Now we have kids- Now I know!
Its fun to see you and your beautiful family!
Kelly(Smith)
I'll take 4.
Uhm, yes! And could we include a touch of, oh, I don't know, a dangly charm of a bit of barbed wire on it for older kids. Reminding them...if you think THIS hurts, just wait what'll happen if you follow thru with the choice thinking I'm ONLY going to YELL.
(like I said...for the older kids)
;o)
I'll take 4 and then enough for the whole primary. I just wish some parents would yell sometimes.
raw fear--i love it!
Yes, 2 with the barbed wire and 1 with polka dots. And maybe a charm with my scary voice on it that periodically screams at them...keep them on their toes.
Post a Comment