Saturday, May 10, 2008

A little OCD goes a long way...

Am I purging posts? Try to keep up. Usually I like to pace myself...I figure if I hold out for long enough I could produce a really good one. I have come to realize though that such is not the case. With that in mind, I will continue to mindlessly post random events in our daily life. I am basking in the boredom (so to speak) of having no real homemaker responsibility for another two weeks until Clarky pants comes to whisk us away to our new home and new life where I will resume my duties as sole housekeeper, caretaker, chauffeur, cook and laundress. Besides, if nothing else, it helps me accentuate the positive in my life amidst the perpetually hungry baby, demanding toddler, mischievous 5 year old and obstinate 6 year old....what I meant to say was my darling baby, affectionate toddler, clever 5 year old and strong 6 year old...see? accentuating the positive.
This is why I love being only slightly OCD and having girls. (outfits for church tomorrow)

This is my messy baby...I wish I could say that milk was on its way in.

I have discovered that even though my children complain of boredom the majority of the time, if I allow them to play in their swimming suits, they suddenly get very creative and their imagination comes to life. I can't explain it, but they play so much better together and concoct wonderfully imaginative activities whilst wearing said bathing suits. We may be spending the summer with them permanently attached to their little bodies. Whatever keeps them (and me) entertained.

4 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Do you think the bathing suit thing works for boys, too? Worth a shot...

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

jumpers with white shirts under....cute...do you still feel the need to coordinate all 4? thats a rough task. I love the swimsuit shot and your clever writing abilities. purge away:)

Abby said...

It does, Suzie--Cubby could wear "swimmin' trunks" and play pretend pool all day long. I too am all about accentuating the positive...that's why when people ask me how long I have left all I can think is, "7 more weeks of GROWING left!"

Amy Lynn said...

I agree...swimming suits are magic! Unfortunately, my young uns' get their suits on and immediately head for anything wet...and if they can't find something wet, they create something. So swimming suits here usually mean big mess somewhere.

I LOVE the sunday outfits. Where did you get the cute jumpers?