Wednesday, September 12, 2007

rain rain don't go away



I miss Texas rain. Texas has rain so heavy and fat that you can't see when you drive...so thick that you are soaked to the bone running from the car to the house. I miss that rain.
I love being inside on a rainy day all cozied up and enjoying my home and the people in it.
Yesterday it rained all day. The girls all got to wear their adorable rain coats and get wet. It was a good day with more energy than I've had in a while (meaning I didn't feel like laying on the couch all day). I made popcorn and we watched a movie. I made a delicious rainy day snack for us and our kind neighbors and then the kids played in the rain while their towels stayed toasty in the dryer. A good day.

18 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

oh i have been trying to find friends to do that with me! b/c it has been raining alot here. they look so adorble! and in that first pic abby looks like haley! did she get her hair cut? it looks adorable! and i know i have said this so many times but mia looks so old! oh i would so go out and play with them. and i also love it when it rains and be in the house all cozy. can you make those yummy looking snacks for me...please:)

Sarah said...

Um, what kind of treats are those? I want one!

zippity-do-da said...

It makes me want to sing! (in the rain of course) Mostly I just want to play with those beautiful girls. If only you could do away with that wet dog smell it really would be perfect.

Suebee said...

Cute treats. Way to make something better, yours even look heathy with the fruit on top. Just wait till it snows, that is even more fun to play in.

Jessica said...

That looks like so much fun. I would love a rain storm like that...doesn't happen much around here! And,popcorn is one of my most favorite snacks/treats!

Megan said...

Oh what fun! I miss the rain sometimes where we live too. Mmmm, popcorn..that sounds good.

Abby said...

Mmm...snacks and rain and fall approaching..."things are really clickin' huh?"

Mandee said...

I can't believe how old Haley looks in that picture! What kind of treats are those? They look very very yummy! I am glad you had a good day and were feeling better. I too miss the rain!!

Sunnie said...

i love the rain. i always have, but growing up in california, we didn't get a whole lot of it. so texas is great with all its rain, especially this summer.

Rainie said...

I love love love the rain. Me and the rain do kind of share the special name connection. I love when it's dark in the day, warm inside, wet outside.

mo said...

I'm glad you had a good day...maybe it's a trend! I really miss the rain here, too. I am just beginning to realize that I live in the desert....not good. I miss the good old Texas crash-bang thunderstorm deluges! What an ambitious person you are...the treats are works of art!

Rynell said...

What fun! Texas rain is like no other, but I take what I can get here in my corner of the desert (which is so little).
What yummy looking treats!

Christy said...

Playing in the rain rocks.

Kristin said...

Can I come to your house for rainy day treats? :) You always do such fun things, and your kids are adorable splashing in the rain.

SP said...

Can I play too?

enginerd said...

Everyone is welcome!! Anytime!!

Emma Jo said...

That was me, though I'm sure Clark shares my sentiment.

Amy Lynn said...

Your blog doesn't like me. It will let me comment on ONE blog and then it shuts me out. I can read but I can't write so I will try to make this comment count.

I LOVE your Anne Quindlen quote. It made my heart ache a little. And I love your rainy day pictures. The best days are the days when I truly remember to play with my kids and laugh with them. I wish we were all doing that together...nieces and sisters are the absolute best!