
A couple of weeks ago the fam took a trip to Austin for a final photo shoot by Kristen. Clark gets +1,000,000 points for doing this. How many husbands drive willingly to your local mall for family pictures? He drove two and a half hours and endured two costume changes to get just what I wanted. And I did. My good friend did what she does best (besides being a terrifically fun friend) and captured our family. I love her style and the ease at which I feel sitting in front of her camera. I can ask, "do we look awkward? am I shiny? does our hair look OK?" without feeling silly or stupid. And she does a great job, always. She is a busy girl so we came to her. It was fun to visit her home (albeit a short visit) and then she followed us to another part of the city where my sister Abby was visiting her sister-in-law and family for a few days. She took the time to capture a few moments with me and my dear sister who has been a true friend and companion for the last three years. To put it in one of our favorite movie quotes, looking at these pictures "makes our hearts burst, and swell."
Thank you Kris, again! Here are just some of my favorites (there are so many that I love...)

(they are not really all cropped that close, but you get the general idea!)
And when you get the chance, hop on over to say Welcome to my darling sister-in-law's new blog. She's 12 and adorable.
16 comments:
Beautiful....really, that is all I can say. All the pictures are truly precious! What an adorable family you have!
Seeing the pics of you and Abs makes me all weepy. It's the end of an era and somehow change kind of hurts.
You are lovely. Next time we are all together we should do a BIG photo shoot of all the sibs. I want sister and brother pictures, too!
Saw them all last night with Abby--there are a lot of VERY cute pictures!
I think we look like twins in the last one--am I just flattering myself? She worked wonders, as it was a scrubby day for me. But let's be honest, getting all dolled up doesn't help me much!
those are the best pictures! it's about time for us to endure picture day again. i think i'll just have the girls get their's done. i need a few months to go back to looking presentable. i love them- they really are so cute. and you and your sis look a lot alike. i bet you get that a lot.
The last time we had "professional" photos taken of any member of the Flake family was at our wedding! These make me all crazy to get them done. Every time I bring up the idea my husband gets all crazy like only the fabulously rich and insane have professional photos taken. Kudos to yours for putting up with it!
Your family really is lovely - maybe if we were that good looking my husband wouldn't be so opposed to the idea...
i love the pic. especially the one with mia sticking her tongue out. that is hiiiilarious!
the one of you and clark and you and abby are really good, and i think you have a couple of models of your hands.
those pictures are adorable!!!
Way cute pictures, they're so perfect! It's amazing, Kristen has a gift.
I love the pictures. The family one at the top is my favorite. Maybe if our next family one doesn't turn out I'll borrow one of yours and just tell people that we know you. Sadie's blog is so cute. Thanks for the link.
Those are the best photos! I love looking at them-- and yes, you guys DO look like twins in that last picture.....
They really capture you, your family and your relationship with (big) Abby. What a beautiful thing!
every body looks great. does nolan have a blog. he needs one, he is a good writer.
wonderful pictures, but for the last time, its "swell and burst". it doesnt make a whole lot of sense for somthing to swell after it has already burst. poor joe. anyway, we cant wait to see you next week.
Post a Comment