Sunday, June 03, 2007

Time to say Good-Bye...

We've said a lot of good byes already and we're not even gone yet. We sold the trusty Honda last week and are temporarily a one car family...its been fun and interesting...lots of bonding time. We also said good-bye to the Love Sac...good times, good times.
On Friday Clark and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary. We had a delicious dinner at the Melting Pot where he had incredible flowers waiting at the table--followed by a leisurely stroll through the Galleria and a couple of new shirts. Our amazing babysitter even tried to give us the night for free because it was our anniversary and she is awesome but we settled for paying her just half.
I wish I had time for more details and pictures but I figure its lucky to even be getting an entry in before the packers come tomorrow. We pull out officially on Thursday morning so today was our last Sunday which means last Sunday dinner at his parents' house. I didn't expect the tears to happen until we actually pulled out but there have been many already. It didn't help that Clark's sister put together a slideshow to music of pictures of our time here..."Niagra Falls Franky Angel"...
It's going to be an emotional week.
So I'll be temporarily signing off for the next couple of weeks.
See ya in New England.

11 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

emily darling,
we will all miss you. i want you to know that you have truly been an inspiration to me. my personality, the way i look at things, the way i act, my heart, and even my fashion sence. our relationship truly has grown. and i don't think of you as my sister-in law, i think of you as my real sister. i know that you will have a wonderful fun time in conneticut. and don't think that just because your are moving that you will never hear from me, i will still call you for advise and every thing else. oh no my keyboard is all wet from flowing tears! i am really going to miss you, i love you , and have fun in conneticut.
p.s. you are truly my role model:)

Sunnie said...

we will miss you guys so much! i wish you could see the baby- pictures will have to do. good luck this week- packing, saying goodbye, all that is never fun.

Sadie Lou said...

oh and emily you are even more prettier then tomorrow. quote from your wedding when i was like 4. and you are very pretty.

Kara said...

Change is good, change is good, change is good, change is good. Just keep repeating it to yourself until it is true. (It took me 2 years when I moved to Colorado!) Good luck with everything. An extra horray for blogs so we can keep in touch no matter where we are!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

who got the love sac? i would have bought it from you!!!

Carrie Ann said...

connecticuit is a lucky state.

Carrie Ann said...

did I even spell that right?

Jessica said...

Good luck Emily! I hope all goes well with the transition! Can't wait to hear from you when you get settled in!

Abby said...

Kristen has more than paid for the dern thing too!
Pleeeeeease drive safely! I feel like I'm leaving all over again.

Kirkhams said...

So I started a list of neighborhood memories before you left, but never gave it to you...I wanted more heads to put it together...Maybe we'll send it off soon...We were out riding bikes today (sniff, sniff). We already miss the commotion of three more kids! AND you have to be proud of me because this is officially one of my very first comments to leave, PLUS I posted something new!Blogging 101 worked for me! Thanks Em!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I haven't read you forever and had to go back several blogs to figure it out. Connecticut?

I really feel for you. We are moving away from my family to Oregon in just a few weeks. I keep reminding myself that someday my little tribe may be "settled," and that this move is the right thing for nearly every reason, but my heart still hurts at the thought of missing so many family things and being away from Grandma and Grandpa.

Best of luck!