YELLOWSTONE! I have wanted to do this for a long time. It's one of those bucket list things that just had to happen on a family vacation.
First stop, IDAHO FALLS! and more specifically the Dairy Queen on 17th, owned by our favorite spoilers that filled our bellies with delicious goodies for our trek to Montana. Not only did they fill us with deliciousness, but they provided us with lavish accommodations just outside of West, Yellowstone. Even though one in our company barfed it all up the moment we stepped out of their establishment, it was much, much appreciated.
We also had to stop off at Grandma and Grandpa's house to fill their tree with our family. It's a must.
We arrived up in paradise and got right on the 4 wheelers. I'm pretty sure there was a line of kids for rides, the entire time we were there. No one was injured but more than a couple of cows and mothers were frightened.
The plan was to spend two days driving Yellowstone National Park. The first day we got there right at lunch time and picked the most "family vacationy" looking establishment to eat. Covered wagons and stuffed coyotes, that'll do it.
I absolutely loved Yellowstone. It was amazing, incredible, gorgeous, endless, fresh, free, delightful. It was difficult to pick just a few pictures from the most picturesque part of our vacation ever.
This is how I spent my two days at Yellowstone as navigator. My camera in one hand, ready to catch the spontaneous wildlife along the road, and a map in the other.
It was so many things that I had never seen before. Really, marvels of nature.
TA DA! Summer. Done.
BAM.
First stop, IDAHO FALLS! and more specifically the Dairy Queen on 17th, owned by our favorite spoilers that filled our bellies with delicious goodies for our trek to Montana. Not only did they fill us with deliciousness, but they provided us with lavish accommodations just outside of West, Yellowstone. Even though one in our company barfed it all up the moment we stepped out of their establishment, it was much, much appreciated.
We also had to stop off at Grandma and Grandpa's house to fill their tree with our family. It's a must.
We arrived up in paradise and got right on the 4 wheelers. I'm pretty sure there was a line of kids for rides, the entire time we were there. No one was injured but more than a couple of cows and mothers were frightened.
The plan was to spend two days driving Yellowstone National Park. The first day we got there right at lunch time and picked the most "family vacationy" looking establishment to eat. Covered wagons and stuffed coyotes, that'll do it.
I absolutely loved Yellowstone. It was amazing, incredible, gorgeous, endless, fresh, free, delightful. It was difficult to pick just a few pictures from the most picturesque part of our vacation ever.
This is how I spent my two days at Yellowstone as navigator. My camera in one hand, ready to catch the spontaneous wildlife along the road, and a map in the other.
It was so many things that I had never seen before. Really, marvels of nature.
TA DA! Summer. Done.
BAM.


1 comment:
Looks like it was a sweet summer vacation. I'm looking forward to a Thanksgiving post... sometime in February maybe? :-p
Post a Comment