Friday, November 07, 2014

Aaaand October.

Sometimes I feel as though my blog has turned into a Great Uncle's slideshow of his vacation to the Grand Canyon.  But I have found that the pictures are much more interesting than most of what I have to say at the moment.  Early on my blog was an outlet for what I needed to get off my mind...at this point I'm not so sure there's much up there to get out.  I am in a daze of motherhood that stretches now from new teenager to toddler with a puppy in between.  My mind is all taken up, and then some.
So for the time being I will enjoy my little slideshow so as to remember a few of the details down the road.
Jonah LOVES trains.  He is a little boy through and through.  He used to love planes, then dogs, now trains.  If you draw train tracks on a piece of paper and hand him something with wheels, he can be kept occupied for a very long time.  There is a little train depot with one little caboose near where we live so every now and again I let him go play and pretend, and it makes him sublimely happy.
The dog, the dog, the dog.  People talk about their dogs a lot because really and truly it is a big deal.  You have a live animal living in your space, for crying out loud.  It's another thing that I have to remember to take care of and exercise on top of that! or else by the end of the day he is an absolute maniac.  I'm afraid some of Rocky's bad habits are rubbing off on my son who was throwing a fit the other night by chewing on the leg of the hunt table.
The dog likes to climb up in your lap.  He is not small.  And he will only get bigger.  I will readdress this problem in the future, I'm sure.
Jonah is cute.  But you already knew that.
The other day I was washing my hands and had to suddenly turn off the water when I saw that a droplet of my soap eerily resembled an alien.  It's kind of like seeing the Virgin Mary in your toast, but not.  Plus I don't know what it means, but I knew I had to take a picture. What was he trying to tell me?!
True story.
Some of our friends were nice enough to throw a little shindig for the gals a couple of weeks ago.  We were invited over for dinner but when we arrived it felt like we had been thrown into the pages of Country Living.  I love that they live in the country.  I love that they have land.  I love that they have goats and chickens and bunnies and a pig.  And I love that there was a couch sitting out there.  And I love all my friends.
The night was perfection and exactly what I needed at the end of what had been a crazy week.


I never really fancied Jonah in a bow tie and then I made him one.
Now I do- I totally fancy him in a bow tie.
Remember when I talked about the velcro dog?  When I am getting ready in the morning he not only comes to the bathroom but he has to lie down leaning up against my leg.  Reminds me of a few of my children who claim that they can't sleep unless they are touching someone.
He doesn't really like to go upstairs which is just as well.  There are about a bajillion and one choking hazards all over the place for a puppy that chews on everything and anything.  So when I go upstairs I will come back down and find him just like this, sitting and waiting for me.
We got pumpkins, cuz that's what you do in October.  We were sadly, too busy to make it to any real pumpkin patches this year and that made me sad.  It caused me to fondly remember our time on the East coast and how gorgeous those places are in the fall.  Oh well, we got our pumpkins from a church on a busy road that gauged us out of all our money.  Stinkin pumpkins.

Happy October.

1 comment:

wendys said...

I love your updates! I think FInn and Jonah would get along. I love that table leg gnawing.