Friday, December 23, 2011

You can stop holding your breath...

I just thought it wouldn't be fair to leave you all hanging on the issue of whether or not my children's Christmas dreams are on their way to devastation or elation...it looks like they might make it after all.
Their brains and motivation have kicked into high gear, as has Clark's and my praise of a job and attitude well done.  We are going over the top with praise when we see something great because there has not been enough of it (that being good attitudes, actions and praise.)
Come on girls, we know you can do it.  Everyone is rooting for you.
This picture was taken yesterday (they're now at 65, 35 points to go...a day and a half left to get 'em.)
 Also, we went downtown to see the National Christmas Tree.  It was much smaller than I was expecting but it's something one has to do at least once while living in DC I suppose...also it was pretty awesome because 15 minutes after getting there we were all kicked out so that someone really important could come have the place to themselves.  We didn't care enough about who it was to stick around and find out.
 The trains were cool.

On to other things...

6 comments:

Maleen said...

Go girls!! I am guessing Christmas morning will be fantastic at your home and even sweeter from the hard work to earn it.

Most chillins are just taking it for granted.

I didn't know there was a National Christmas Tree. You learn something every day.

Lucky Mommy said...

I forget about the praise too. Good reminder. Have you checked out the toy train display in the Botanical Gardens by the Capitol? Fun, pretty, and warm inside the greenhouse! I'm rooting for the girls!

michaelstubbs said...

I wish there were a place nice enough to get kicked out of around here. The tree looks lovely.

Suzie Petunia said...

Three cheers for the Scharman girls and their good behavior! ... and for their high-praising parents!

(Am I trying to get too much mileage out of that one?)

Merry Christmas! I would love to see those neat displays in DC!

Amy Lynn said...

I feel so relieved. You had me sweating bullets there for a couple days. Good job Scharman girls...

Do you know how sad I am when Christmas and birthday season is over? Nothing to threaten them with...it stinks.

Anonymous said...

Interesting connection you guys made on praising your kids and their actions. I have to admit, my own personality is such, that praising does not come naturally, and is something I almost am leery of, since I have this solid belief that over praise wrecks kids. All that to say: you have given me once again, some food for thought.
PS
When I told my girls about your 100 point plan/threat they told me to stop reading your blog (they know consider you evil)
Cheers