Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Too soon? It's too soon, itsn't it.

So, it's only 9am and I am bored.
It must be the first day of school!

I suppose I could go clean up the kitchen, but then what would I have to look forward to for the rest of the day?
It was a rainy first day but the girls were excited and ready.  Haley is in fifth grade this year and a safety patrol on the bus, such a big kid.
Abby is in third and Mia is a big first grader.

Now it's just me and Hazel, all day.  I'm thinkin' we need to reinstate naps especially convenient because she has been asking for them ever since we got back from Sweden.  So besides having an amazing vacation, Sweden also blessed us with naps and a better sleeping schedule (mainly the adults with night owl habits now exhausted by 9:30 and popping awake at 5:30...I could do with a later wake up time but I'll take it for now.)
I also have to take a moment and give more than honorable mention to the two other birthdays that we have celebrated last week.  Mine was a wing dinger so I felt bad that on Haley's I was feeling pretty poorly at the height of my sickness.  
That and most of her presents hadn't arrived in the mail.  Poor kid, she did a new leotard for gymnastics that starts tomorrow and Ben & Jerry's.



And then just two days after Haley, we celebrated Mia turning 6.
 This girl saw the walking puppy a couple of months ago at the store and it's been the talk of the house ever since.  She was so so excited...and Clark and I were as well because it may just hold them off from getting a real dog for a while.
 (I discovered an entire "photo shoot" on my camera on her birthday.)
The dog's name is Delilah, just in case you were wondering.
Mia was our Texas baby.



So 
Happy Birthday!
girls.  Our family would not be as fun, or crazy or amazing without you both.

4 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Birthdays, birthdays everywhere! Today is Waverly's, and isn't tomorrow another important somebody's big day? HAPPY birthday to ALL!

And hooray for fake dogs. Waverly REALLY wanted a turtle for her birthday and I couldn't even handle that. She got a bike. :)

Maleen said...

I don't even know where to comment. Of course you are bored. You just left Sweden. Those posts were great and I feel like I learned a lot about you. I had no idea you were born in Sweden. Your parents are troopers. Happy Birthdays all around. Your kids are so beautiful. I love all the pictures.

Okay, I am really tired and I have nothing more intelligent to say, assuming that those previous things I said were somewhat intelligent. See? No more.

mo said...

Happy Happy Birthday dear sweet Scharman girls! We miss you all lots and lots! Give Delilah a pat from her granddogmother!

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, can I just give a great big shout out to ALL the Scharman girls...I'm just so stinkin' glad you were all born! Love those faces...can't believe how OLD they all are??? I'm singin' the back to school boredom blues with you...although going back to work has helped.