Sorry, maybe I should have warned you first. In a house of five girls, five girls with a lot of hair (and one stressed man living with five girls), we vacuum up a lot, A LOT of hair. It is disgusting. But I love my vacuum and if I want it to continue vacuuming up all this nastiness, I have to snip the hair off the rotary thing at least once a month.
Gross.
Double gross.
Make that triple gross.
Sunday naps.
Sunday is a magical day. Clark and I take naps (one upstairs and one downstairs to play half-conscious zone defense) while Hazel naps with one of us and the other three play calmly and quietly. It is a total phenomenon and we are not sure how it happens but we just go with it.
The best birthday present ever, from all the wonderful and related women in my life. I wish I could tell you more about it but I am waiting on my brother to send me a picture or two. What Spencer, do you have a job or something? Get on it.
Mia started dance. Love it. Love them. Love everything about it.
Abby started tennis. She may not be able to hit the ball, but she looks simply adorable and has unmeasurable fun = totally worth it.
Haley started gymnastics. She is in love. And those long, lanky legs are being put to good use.
I kid you not, the week I got home from Sweden I found these growing in our yard. I guess I didn't need to go all the way to Scandinavia after all.
What. the. heck.
I just don't even know what to say really.
Clark facilitated a night out by myself last night. I went to see The Help. I loved the book. The movie was excellent and feel good and about quality life enriching stuff. More on that later. I love seeing movies by myself (and it ended up being free because the sound wasn't working. So not only did they give our money back but the manager must have felt sorry for me because I was all alone and loser-ish looking and so he gave me a free popcorn and diet coke, you know, to help me stay awake for the next showing an hour later.)
My workout this morning was 4.5 miles around the lake with a 35 pound weight on my bike. Gorgeous.
And the cutest 35 pound weight ever.
The End.






9 comments:
LOVE the sewing machine! I got a bernina the year Brody was born and I am still in love with it. Seeing that picture kinda makes me want to sew now.
What I wouldn't give to be on that bike ride with you. Looks heavenly. And the kids and their activities... so cute! And the red mushroom? NO WAY! What luck that the movie was screwed up so you got EXTRA alone time and free stuff! What did you do so right to deserve this life? Oh Yah. You're awesome and good. I love you.
The bike ride looks amazing. I too go to movies by myself, and love it. Except for when there is something really funny, and I laugh out loud really loudly, then I sometimes feel a little funny. I love the alone time.
That is crazy about the mushroom. Is it poisonous?
I was trying to decide what bike weights look like...and then it was a surprise ending. Ha!
We have a lot of hair around here too. We just cleaned drains. Yuck and a lot more yuck.
i adore you.
and that pic of clark sleeping all snuggled up with his sweet daughter is so beautiful.
xx
Did you eat it?
That hair was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting! We only have 2 girls in this house but we get the same type of mound every week. Love the time away. Love, love, love. I love to be by myself and see what my head thinks about. Turns out I'm kind of shallow and don't think about very deep things.
What dies it mean when I have to do that to my vacuum with only two girls in the house?
Sounds like your girls are getting fun busy. Which means I can relate to the running around you must be doing.
Lastly, we both nap upstairs and let the kids "fend" for themselves.
Great post!
Had to read that alcohol- in- boob- check-er twice.
I have to laugh...I went to see The Help by myself recently. Yes, there is a very real loser-ish vibe one must push through, but going to movies by yourself is a treat. And I loved the book, and thought they did a great job with the movie.
Your last post about with water damaged carpet does make renting appealing, house repairs never, never stop.
Cheers,
Leah
Post a Comment