Thursday, September 08, 2011

Earthquakes, Hurricanes and Floods, Oh My.

OK, three posts or more in one week...things are getting crazy around here and I'm not just talking about my blogging frequency.  Let's talk about what Washington DC has done to deserve earthquakes, hurricanes and floods all in the same month.  Scratch that, I'm sure you all have a lot to say about why DC deserves those things.  Rhetorical questions can be fun though, can't they? Ha, I got you with another one.  Don't answer that.  I don't really want to know.
Right now I am sitting on one side of this,
 and this,
the only two ways out of my neighborhood,
while my hubby and two of my babies are on the other side.
I came home from a lunch at about 2:30, and at 3:30 the school bus was turned around because the road was closed.  Luckily (for a lot of things, one being that I came home when I did because Miss Haley was home by her lonesome, trying to get over the fever that has caused her to miss the first two and a half days of school this week.  I cannot imagine if I hadn't gotten home and she was still by herself) but also luckily a friend was "on the other side" and picked the kids up from the school.
However, the road both ways is still closed. 
Also luckily, Clark's flight landed home safely and he is now with the chittlins, chillin until we have word about the road.
I wish my whole family was on this side.
I had a yummy dinner planned.
We were going to celebrate Clark's birthday tonight.
(Do I need to gripe about the "no TV" for the month of September again? cause I can.  But I won't.)
I don't like being apart from my family during a natural disaster...it's kind of a fear of mine.
Luckily though,
we still have power,
we are safe,
the rain has let up.

I hate to ask, but what next?
And to my dear, dry family in Texas, you know I would share if I could, right?

5 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

You know, I think that is my worst fear in a natural disaster: being separated from my family. I'm glad to know they are safe, as are you! You DC-ers really have had it rough lately, eh?

Amy Lynn said...

Oh Em...I had no idea! Where are Clark and the girls? Is everyone home safe? Now I'm worried...

Maleen said...

Wow, I too have great fears about being separated and not knowing what is going on with my family. It sounds like you have some communication, and at least everyone is safe. (Ha, I wrote sage by accident the first time...but it sounds like you are wise as well.)

I hope the earth sucks up the water faster than usual and you are all reunited soon.

Tiffany said...

Will the girls have to wear the same clothes to school tomorrow as they did today if they don't get the roads open? Lilli would go crazy!! Hopefully they are safe and sound and will make it home before bedtime!

Charlotte said...

We were almost trapped in our neighborhood in CT with the kids on the other side. It is an awful feeling! I'm glad Haley wasn't trapped alone, though! Hope you can all be reunited soon. (PS- I live in the desert now. You know, if you're interested in safer places to live...)