The youngest has changed since the older girls went back to school. She is still funny and silly and downright spunky but there is something more. She gets a lot of one on one, even when everyone is home so I am curious about her new, "habits".
Hazel has begun talking, regularly, to inanimate objects.
Yesterday she was so excited that she turned to her juice box, cradled it close to her face and whispered excitedly, "she said yes." Apparently my answer to her about something was too thrilling not to share.
She told me she has two pretend friends. One is Stella and the other one, she doesn't know his name. Is that bad, when your child can't remember the name of their own imaginary friend?
None of my kids have ever had imaginary friends before. This is kind of new territory. But I am finding it highly entertaining. They probably are so accustomed to having people (namely lots of sisters) around, that they enjoy a little "alone" time. Who wants an imaginary friend around bugging you when you finally have some peace and quiet?
I guess she just is trying to fill the void her sisters have left during the day.
Maybe I should get to know the juice box.
(Please do be sure to turn up your sound so you can hear how obnoxiously animated I am about the TV watching and how I was telling my Megan in law how afraid I am that I will offend someone. I love TV. It's true, OK? Also, if you ever come over to our house when it is raining, for heaven's sake, do NOT come running into the garage because it is more slippery than a greased pig on a hot Sunday afternoon.)
Hazel has begun talking, regularly, to inanimate objects.
Yesterday she was so excited that she turned to her juice box, cradled it close to her face and whispered excitedly, "she said yes." Apparently my answer to her about something was too thrilling not to share.
She told me she has two pretend friends. One is Stella and the other one, she doesn't know his name. Is that bad, when your child can't remember the name of their own imaginary friend?
None of my kids have ever had imaginary friends before. This is kind of new territory. But I am finding it highly entertaining. They probably are so accustomed to having people (namely lots of sisters) around, that they enjoy a little "alone" time. Who wants an imaginary friend around bugging you when you finally have some peace and quiet?
I guess she just is trying to fill the void her sisters have left during the day.
Maybe I should get to know the juice box.
(Please do be sure to turn up your sound so you can hear how obnoxiously animated I am about the TV watching and how I was telling my Megan in law how afraid I am that I will offend someone. I love TV. It's true, OK? Also, if you ever come over to our house when it is raining, for heaven's sake, do NOT come running into the garage because it is more slippery than a greased pig on a hot Sunday afternoon.)
10 comments:
Sure do love Hazy. She's a keeper.
That girl has PERSONALITY! Love it!
Do you kiss her darling, miniature face all day long? Oh the cuteness!
She is too adorable for words. I wish my children took cute videos while I am on the phone. We would have a LOT of videos then. Maybe I should teach them how to use the camera.
Ooh, husband has caught me on the computer past midnight. I'm in trouble...
Stella was very confused by that video bc she thought your voice was my voice..."Are you Hazel's mom?"
I sure think Hazel is cute, by the way.
Laughing audibly at her "funny faces" video. She is way more talented (and definately more cute) than any super model at a photo shoot! The cuteness factor is off the scales! Give her a tight squeeze for MO.
She is so cute. I have one more year with one-on-one before Matthew starts school and I am past the preschooler time of life. He always has hard adjustment time when all the other kids start school. Not used to being alone or not sharing Mom.
I love the whispering to the juice box "she said yes". My oldest had two imaginary friends, both named after herself! One day they moved away. Its very normal.
Cheers,
Leah
Alex had imaginary friends named Kerplunk, and Ukulele, and Ukulele had a little sister named Xylophone. I don't know if you remember them. They moved with us from NC to VA to SC to RI. They didn't make the move to VA from RI because they were enjoying school so much up there. Alex still remembers them and some of the details of their living with us. Call me crazy, but I love that they became part of our family and we all remember them fondly.
Um, that was so much cuteness in one blog that I fill like I've just eaten a whole chocolate cupcake AND a big spoonful of Nutella! Cute overload. Love her funny faces, love her spunky personality, love a good rainstorm...and I talked to imaginary students in my pretend classroom for 8 years and I turned out OK...right Fred? Fred says I'm normal.
Post a Comment