Husband gone for second Mother's Day in a row.
No expectations whatsoever.
A very happy day. (Turns out that having no expectations is a very successful way to start.)
Sleeping in until 7:45.
Breakfast in bed by the sweetest, most thoughtful children ever.
Two waffles, syrup and juice...
make that one waffle.
Cards of love, galore.
Happy, sweet children for most of the day.
Favorite moment of the day, besides being served breakfast in bed was in the afternoon when I was standing in the kitchen. Haley, without intent to be recognized, walked over to the sink and started loading the dishwasher. She turned on the water, picked up some silverware, started scrubbing, looked at the faucet, turned off the water and kept scrubbing. It warmed my little heart to see her thoughtful, considerate and Earth loving conservationist little self serve me. So I told her so, right then.
And the award for best compliment this year goes to Miss Abigail and her potted marigold. I just wasn't quite sure what she meant so I had her come read it to me. What she very clearly meant to say of course is that "she is very important to me". Impotent (INpotent being of course it's origin of Late English via Old French from Latin for in - 'not' potent...according my my desk dictionary) and important, I get those two confused all the time.
Thank you children for making me a mother. I am grateful for it even on the roughest of days. I love being a mother and I am truly, truly thankful for the most amazing daughters ever.
And let it not go unsaid that I also have the most amazing motherS in my life as well. I could go back generations and have this be a true statement. But I will never take for granted that my husband and I both have the most wonderful, loving, caring, selfless, smart, determined, talented, stalwart and beautiful mothers. Our lives wouldn't be as rich with joy, guidance, comfort and blessings if we didn't have these women.

7 comments:
Love the "inpotint". I love those little notes from the kids. They always make me laugh. Glad you were able to have a good mother's day despite being alone. YOu are amazing...you are, you are! I think about you all the time.
Ah shucks. Thanks for saying those nice things. I happen to have the best kids in the world so it was easy! (Well, most of the time...)
If I didn't have such a good one myself.. I might choose YOU to be MY Mom. I think I would enjoy running around your house with my 3 sisters putting underwear balls on my head and scootering in possibly dangerous flooded basements. I love your adventures in motherhood.. and glad your day was happy!
Oh how I ADORE your thoughtful little girls! Thank them for me for taking care of you. And LOVE the last photo!
That was a nice save on Abby's part. I love being reminded of impotency on Mother's Day.
It is absolutely sweet that they brought you breakfast in bed and helped clean up on their own!
What sweet little girls!!!
What adorable girls! I love it when kids make efforts all on their own. Love it!
Having no expectations is such a relaxed way of handling holidays and many days...
Post a Comment