Carrie cuddled little girls, loved, jumped on the trampoline to their little girl hearts' content, cuddled girls some more, cooked me amazing food (probably my favorite, having someone else cook food in my own house without me doing any work was the most luxurious feeling ever), she took care of kids, she bathed, she dressed them and welcomed them home from school with Auntie love, she entertained, we crafted, we watched funny shows and occasionally ate nachos for dinner. Did I also mention how talented she is in the wardrobe department? In one shopping trip I was completely outfitted for my trip to the upcoming wedding down to the shoes so quickly we even had time for lunch. Then she sat on my bed one afternoon while I literally tried on everything in my closet so she could tell me "yes" "no" or "put away until further notice". I feel better already.
Carrie and I were roommates for most of my time at college. I like her. a lot.
My kids called her "Mom" for two weeks and I was referred to as Grandma...with no permanent damage to my psyche. We took her to some of our favorite places and ate ice cream as many days as possible.
We sat and made headbands almost every night...a project that she just made up. They are so adorable that my kids have been wearing them every day...I may never be able to give any of them away. By the end it became kind of a compulsion. We couldn't stop.
This is her sweat shop face.
Oh Carrie, come back.
On a side note, did you know that today Connecticut had the hottest temperature anywhere in the US? We hit 99 degrees up in Hartford, the hottest temperature here in Connecticut since August of 2006. Just thought you might want to know...and the A/C is out in my car....AND I locked the keys in the running car with a sleeping baby while picking Mia and another child up from preschool AND had the fire department save my skin a second time in two months. The kids thought it was pretty cool.





14 comments:
Not only do I ALSO love Carrie.. but I believe her to resemble someone famous from a verycool era I know nothing about. A few of her poses made me think of my Mom.. which is darling.. and those headbands should be in a magazine.
Hooray for sister fun!
But you own your car...yay! What a comedy of mishaps, my goodness. I am terribly jealous that you got to be with each other, but so happy for you both, and so happy you had relief. No one deserves a little relief more than you, my friend. And a sister is the best kind. I am so glad someone else has insanely hot weather for once and it's not me! (Not happy about it really, that stinks.)
Love the auntie love, the darling headbands, the pampering, the pedicures, the good food, and fun excursions. But most of all I love that you love and enjoy each other so much. Katy, she is very much like someone you know so well including her ability to show love and make people feel special. Ems, I'm so glad you had this time...you DO deserve it, Little Miss Single Mom!
Oscarsons have more fun than anybody. And you have the best public servants in the world. Recuses from flood and keys locked in the car
I am so glad for you. But so sad it had to come to an end. I always hate it when my sister has to leave after a visit. It makes me miss her even more after she leaves!
Two thumbs up for sisters. =) What could be better than a visit from a sister? Glad you both had the chance!
I am so jealous. I have one sister and although we love each other, things are far from normal. I don't think she would ever come love on my children and make headbands. You are so lucky.
I hope my girls grow up to be close like you and your siblings.
Nice to see you blogging again too, but a break is always good, especially when it involves relatives and ice cream.
This post is the worst birth control ever, it makes me want to have about 10 more daughters just so there can be plenty of sisters to go around.
Oh, lovely, lovely, lovely. Perfectly perfect! I actually salivated when I saw the headbands...really. Must have a cute headband...I called Carrie right after I read this blog. She said she is on her way over...
I love you and I love your girls and I love sisters. One of my absolute favorite things!
Are you sure you aren't enjoying those fire department rescues a little too much while Clark is gone? Haha, JK.
I heard Carrie got to to see Britt. She said your daughters were sheer delight. She was sad to see them go.
kara took the words right out of my comment! I am finally looking at my computer again today and wanted to say that I had so much fun with your little pretties. I want you to come again soon, only this time with you and H.
xoxo!!
wow--that's a lotta bows. glad firemen came to your rescue again:)
Does she sub herself out? I would like an older sister like that for a while. She was a delight to meet.
As the chimney sweeps say in Mary Poppins... "Thanks, Gov'nah! I had a lovely time!"
I cannot begin to express how much FUN I had with you and the girls. I was never homesick because I was surrounded by beauty, generosity, and love. Thank you for paying for EVERYTHING! And for all the ice cream. And all the talking. And all the hugs and validation. It was heaven, and I CANNOT wait to see you again next week!
Post a Comment