Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Title-less post.

Here are some things about my life today that make me laugh.
1. I ran into that one store that I don't really like that much to buy something that was actually cute and super cheap.  It was appropriate that my almost two year old had a chocolate donut hole in one hand and a regular glazed in the other.  Double fistin' it is the only way to go.
2.  I ran a lot of errands this morning.  Since it was snowing most of the morning I was wearing my rubber boots over my jeans and by the time I got home the front of my calves hurt from the boots rubbing my leg stubble.
3. I bought myself some new running shoes today.  It is time-I have had my last pair for almost 7 years...that's a lot of not working out.  But I am sitting here and my knees and legs are sore...from just trying on running shoes? All that bouncing and walking with pep up and down the shoes isles with different shoes was maybe just too much for me.  Take it slow.
4. I had a moment of parenting brilliance last night.  It was such a successful idea that I wanted to make myself a little laminated award to hang above my desk.  But instead I just patted myself on the back with a back scratcher.  Really.  Pathetic? I like to think, not. Then I scratched some.  I love that thing.
5. I have been going to bed waaay too late so I am not letting myself take a nap today (which I sometimes get to do while Mia is at school and Hazel is napping.) So instead I am sitting at my computer and writing inane blog posts.
6. I just spilled water down my chin and shirt while taking a drink.
7. I bought a bra from the little girls' section today.  So. Awesome.
8. The birds in our neighborhood love us the best because every time I get kids in and out of the car I throw whatever food remnants remain in the car, out into the yard.
9. Sometimes I play my daughter's DS while she is at school but I have to wipe it down first because it feels like little grimy kid hands.  Remember, since my angelic kids are helping out around the house more I get bored sometimes, and since I am not allowed to take a nap (OR read my book because I will fall asleep) I play her video game.
10. And now I am going to have a kit kat and sit back for a bit.  Bowzer and me, we got a score to settle.

Post Edit: I not so suddenly just realized how lazy I sound...refer to previous post, I just organized my entire basement, see? And since I was doing one area a month, I have like, three weeks off until the next project.  Yep, I feel fully justified now.
Also, another funny thing happened tonight.  The girls, less than pleased with their dinner options tonight finished quickly and ran away leaving me with the dishes...which is totally fine because sometimes I need the post dinner de-compression time before starting the bedtime marathon.  I sent them upstairs with explicit orders to be showered by the time I got up there.  They did so amazingly fast but they know that if they interrupt me finishing up dishes they will be asked to help with something so they avoid me until I appear upstairs with further instructions.  I capitalized on this tonight however...while they colored upstairs and assumed I was finishing dishes (which took me all of a minute and a half tonight, bless the man who invented paper plates....or woman, I bet it was a woman that invented them) I was sitting on the kitchen floor with a Land of Nod catalog and Ben & Jerry's brownie cheesecake ice cream decompressing in style.

10 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

Emily, you are hilarious! You are, seriously, one of the funniest people I know. "Inane blog post" my foot. Thanks for the laugh! Enjoy Bowser, he's popular in our house too.

Oscarson Photography said...

Wait what? What was the moment of brilliance? Was the bra for you or someone else? I just have so many questions now, what am I to do?

Vi said...

I have the same question- I thought, maybe it's for Haley... no... maybe it's for her... hmmm.... not sure but either way it made me laugh!

Emma Jo said...

I'm just going to let you keep guessing.... :)
And the parenting brilliance was this, I told the girls "the last one to fall asleep is the first one in bed tomorrow night." It worked like a charm.

Julie said...

#7 made me laugh out loud - I totally get that, and oh well, that's what life dealt us. Could be worse! I think Kate Hudson must have to shop there as well if that makes you feel any better.

Amy Lynn said...

I truly adore you. I love how you decompress, I love all your parenting moments of brilliance (are you going to explain the zone thing to me?), and I love that you love Land of Nod and Ben & Jerry's. You are truly lovely!

laurie said...

I want to start decompressing like you. I don't have any Ben & Jerry's though can you bring me some. I think I need like a couple gallons. Come on, help a girl out!

Sunnie said...

i love the little post edit. i'm so glad i'm not the only one that needs that decompressing time that most of the time includes ice cream or some other sweet. i usually do mine at night after the kids are in bed. i so look forward to that time.

Charlotte said...

Your post made me laugh today. I need to invest in a back scratcher and Ben & Jerry's brownie cheesecake ice cream.

Also, it isn't possible for you to seem lazy to me. Your lazy is my busy day.

katyvee said...

Why aren't you FAT??