Sunday, March 21, 2010

ACHOO!

That is a sound of the coming post...a sneeze, a smattering, if you will, of random goings on...and because there has been lots of sneezing too...and snot.  So I thought it was an appropriate title.

Randomness #1: All growing up I used cutting my hair as a way to break through boredom.  If nothing exciting was happening in my life, it was time for a haircut.  Now that I have kids, I can leave my own hair alone and easily persuade one of them to cut theirs.  I actually didn't have to do a lot of convincing.  Abby has been asking for several weeks and so I caved.  One of these days I will finally cough up the cash and take them to a professional.  I really have no business cutting such lucious, thick little girl hair.  Or at the very least buy myself some real hair cutting scissors instead of my sharpy sharp sewing scissors.  I did not intend for it to be so short...but remember that part where I said I haven't learned my lesson yet?

And as cute as her hair is, I do miss her long tresses.  But whatcha gonna do? It'll grow back.  It turned out so short that it is kind of unintentionally stacked in the back even...what I mean is, "it's even stacked in the back", certainly not implying that it is "evenly" stacked in the back.

Asinine detail #2: Last week I gave into Mia's incessant pleading to try on swimming suits.  She saw the sun come out and automatically thought it was time to start prancing around in swim suits.  So I got them out and was so entertained by how entertained she was, that I took pictures.  Then I got sick of taking pictures and got busy throwing away about a dozen suits that are worn, stretched out, ripped, falling apart or otherwise too "un-cute" for this season to pass down. 
Ooh Belly! Then apparently Abby got in on the fun and instead of trying on suits that might fit them this year, the reverted to see how many suits of the past they could try.  It got very tight, and revealing, and silly...when the swim caps came out, that's when things really got crazy.  This last suit was hidden under 9 out of 10 outfits for the next several days, until I was able to successfully confiscate and hide it for Hazel.

Self Promoting Detail #3:
What you are looking at now, besides a dirty crock pot, is this year's Church Chili Cook off winner. Thank you, thank you very much.  I don't normally like to brag but just look at that empty pot.  Several years ago when Clark and I were first married I won the chili cook off in another ward.  At the time I thought they were just trying to make me feel welcome because we were new.  Looks like maybe I know a thing or two about cooking after all.


Maybe I'll get myself a nice shadowbox to display my winnings...I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that my dear brother in law was one of the judges.

In conclusion, I have successfully folded the mountain of laundry on my bed and am looking forward to another week of stuff.  Stuff is good, stuff is exciting.  Stuff is sometimes taking a nap in the middle of the day because I can, or actually using my new running shoes this week.  I just might.
I hope all your stuff is good stuff this week.

15 comments:

Vee said...

Congratulations on the chili cook off. They've really upped the ante giving out awards and such. I'm impressed. Your house looks like so much fun. What lucky kids.

JJ said...

I wish that I had had your chili at our Ward Chili Cookoff...believe me!

Sonia said...

So can I have your recipe? It was yummy.

Maleen said...

What, no recipe so we can all win awards in our ward? Plus, I don't have a good chili recipe...

I love Abby's hair. Robyn has been asking me to cut hers but I hesitate because it is SOOOO long. We will probably donate to locks of love and it will still probably reach her shoulders. I am just dragging my feet.

Love the swimsuit pictures. I don't think we have that many, but I could be fooling myself. I should probably dig into our box soon, but summer is still really far away here.

Abby said...

That is so weird bc I was thinking about trying on old swimsuits and taking pictures for my blog! Wouldn't you just LOVE to see my belly hanging out of an old two piece?
Speaking of bellies hanging out, nice work on that chili! I've always held you in high regard knowing of your last victory...but now it's official. You are a real weiner, panty hose! Sisters get recipes, right? Did you serve it with corn bread? Why do I feel burning in my espophagus?

Abby said...

How could I forget to mention that your little darlings are absolutely adorable, swimming caps and all. Where's the one of the new favorite orange ruffles?

M-L said...

I love the sweet curtsy! your girls trust you unconditionally with these scissors of yours not intended for hair! Cute hair though.

Charlotte said...

I think her hair is adorable. I cut my bangs when I get frustrated with them and then get to suffer with messed up bangs until I go to a hair salon.

We went swimming last week and our swimsuits all still fit! Although some of us *Peter and I* didn't fit in them as well as we did last year.

Congrats on the chili, it was good. Even if it did beat out my husband's.

Natalie said...

I like Mia's faces in her swimsuit shots. :) Stuff, stuff, stuff, we have a lot of that around here too!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

go for the shadow box....thats awesome! cute suit prancing and i love haircuts:)

meg said...

Your little people couldn't be cuter! I loooove Abby's hair.

And I'm sure Nolan was completely non-biased. I've made your chili before and you deserve your award. Display it proudly, for all to see!

mo said...

Love the new doo...love the mugger in the swimsuit shots...congrats on winning the chili cookoff....AGAIN. I miss all of you...come see me. Sigh.

Thunell Family said...

LOVE LOVE your girls. I love those bathing suit poses. so sweet.

Will you divulge your chili recipe? MMM...bet it was delicious.

Thought Abby's haircut looked professionally done. BUT, anything you touch turns out fantastic...even with sewing shears.

laurie said...

Congrats on the chili cook off. It must be good if you have won twice now!

I love the swim suits they make me want to go to the beach right now, even though it is freezing still.

I love the hair cut. I've done the same thing to Emma's hair but it turned out cute too!!! Thank goodness.

Carrie Ann said...

Babby-boo's hair is darling. I like it short. It accentuates her smiley "Paul Scharman" eyes. You are a very talented woman. Part of being talented is trying in the first place. You are not afraid to try, and I really like that. Trying is half the battle, and looks what comes of it: first place chili, darling little girl hair, fun stuff...