Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Smartest 4 year old I know.


Look who read an entire book to me today all. by. herself.


She did.

 

We were pretty darn excited about it...we may even have done a little happy dance.  And then we had pretzels.

13 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

That is amazing. My boys yell at me when I try to sing the alphabet song. They don't even know their letters. You guys rock and totally deserved the happy dance and the pretzels!

Unknown said...

'Dot' is one of the Bob books set I was talking about yesterday. We love those books! Congrats to Mia!

mo said...

It must be all that classical music she listened to while watching Fantasia 2000 with me five million three hundred fifty-two thousand and twenty-nine times! Way to go Meems! What a little smartie-pants you are...and cute little earrings, too!

Maleen said...

I am pretty sure that it is the earrings making her smarter. Once you release all the pressure in your earlobe, your brain has more room to expand. True story.

Charlotte said...

That is so cool! Good job Mia!

Abby said...

What a smart girl! I was just telling James she reads, and then I come to find this little bit. Sounds like you had a much more productive day than us!

Brett and Amy said...

Quite impressive.

Mandee said...

So how did you teach her? Teach me!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Awesome....um, I need to get workin' on that with my nearly kindergartener. She struggles just a tiny bit.

Amy Lynn said...

Smarty pants! Both of you! Way to be the "mother of the year"! I don't think we accomplished anything that studpendous this week.

I love when they read. I love, love sharing that with them and knowing I had a part in teaching them something that will be a significant part of their lives. Way to go Meems! I can't wait for you to read me a story!

Vee said...

Those books are the best! We have Monkey read us one each night, course she just got the whole concept a month ago and is a year older, but it's so nice to have gotten here. It feels so good. Good job Mia.

Megan said...

I believe happy dances are the truest form of expression. I'm quite fond of them. Yea for the smarty pants!

AMIT said...

Yeah so cute pictures posted.

Web hosting india