Friday, February 12, 2010

Dang this New England winter...be Spring already.

I have cold feet, all the time.  I usually get a yelp out of Clark when I climb into bed and tuck my feet in between his to quickly warm them up...or else I sweetly ask him to get on my side of the bed and run in place for a minute to warm up my sheets.  And he does.  So what's my problem? Not enough foot fat? Poor circulation? Thin socks? What?
I got a pair of slippers for Christmas and they were delightful...like slipping my toe-sicles into an inside-out lamb, warm and fuzzy.  But now they are matted and a little scratchy, and really stinky.  So since they were only $10 can I just go replace them?
Seriously, people.  They are cold!
Sincerely,
Frigid Digits

13 comments:

mo said...

Frigid digits? Try saying that three times in a row really fast! I just wear socks all the time in the house--heck, for ten bucks go buy a couple of pairs to get you through the winter!

Lucky Mommy said...

First of all, new slippers are so fun but I like the chenille socks too, Target, CVS, where ever. You can wash them regularly but they're as warm and cozy as slippers and go up over your ankles. Second, low iron can cause bad circulation and give you cold feet, but I'll put my money on the weather!

Carrie Ann said...

I always have cold feet at night, so I keep the heating pad by my bed and warm up the spot before I get in. I keep it plugged in and just hide it under the bed during the day. It works wonders. Good luck.

Fireball said...

Get wool hiking socks. I wear them all the time in the winter.

Abby said...

Dear Frigid Digits:
Did you know in Great Britain it is not uncommon to hire a person who warms your bed before you get in? Go look it up--it's psycho, but real. And I bet you could get them to run in place for a tiny bit extra. I do the chenille socks, myself, but go with more slippers if that's your preference. You will need them, as winter is not quite over, shall we say, in the east...so sorry. And it's that time of year I'm about to start bragging about the weather here...aw. (But it comes with scorpions.)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

good slippers are hard to find. I like how they keep my feet warm, but my feet tend to slide to the outside b/c the bottom doesn't have a sole and it really annoys me.

Maleen said...

My husband has the cold feet, so I am often warming up HIS side of the bed. My feet are surprisingly normal (albeit slightly larger from the pregnancy).

Thanks a ton for the asparagus recipe. Tyler made it tonight since I went out to find a Wii remote. And although I never found a remote, and was late for dinner, and he overcooked it a little waiting for me to get back...I still liked it. Liked it enough to ask for seconds. Shocking, I know. So thanks bunches.

michaelstubbs said...

Wendy bought me some down booties a couple of years ago. They are for winter camping but work well around the house. Serious. Your feet will never feel cold again. I bought Wendy some to keep her out of mine.

https://www.sierradesigns.com/c-12-footwear.aspx

Brett and Amy said...

I was totally unaware you could hire someone to warm your bed in Great Britain. While we were in London, my feet were always so cold and couldn't seem to warm up in bed either. I'd just hike up my pj's and use the hand held shower head to spray some piping hot water on my tootsies. And then they were nice and toasty for bed. But my mom uses/makes these long bean baggie things with rice or wheat or something in them that you just microwave, and then take to bed with you. I'm sure you could whip one up in a lovely polka dot.

meg said...

Don't dang New England. I say dang the big, fat rodent that rudely said we are to have 6 more weeks of winter. I have just begun to complain because we haven't seen the sun. The sun! Blessed sun where have you been? Oh, and shine on NE, too.

And if Clark's not there to warm your toes, why not snuggle up next to Abby's bed buddy?

Charlotte said...

Take it from someone who is often missing her bed warmer at night- electric blanket. It makes going to bed delightful. Peter no longer has to thaw my frozen feet with his warm legs.

Suzie Petunia said...

An inside out lamb? :(

Amy Lynn said...

A) I do the heating pad thing as well. Heating pad is a MUST have for winter. Serves all kinds of wonderful purposes.

B) I hate rodents and scorpions.

C) Please...for $10 you can get as many pairs as you like. Go crazy. I give you permission...and I'm great at justification so call me if you need a little of that.

D) Do you remember Empire Strikes Back where Hans Solo cuts open the beast in order to stuff Luke in to keep him from freezing to death? And the guts all come spilling out but it actually kind of looks warm and cozy...?