Saturday, August 01, 2009

I laughed, I cried, it was much better than Cats...


Well, the play is over. The girls had a ball, they were adorable and they did terrific.

Haley was an angry Camelotian and impressed me with her moves and singing. (For some reason in pictures she feels a need to do a "corn baby" as the Oscarsons would say...sucking up her top lip to expose just teeth...or lack thereof) Darling.

Abby was the mini Green Knight. For every main character they had a "mini" version. In the parts where the king, knights, etc. went to fight the huge giant or dragon, the "mini's" came in and did it to have the villain look bigger. It was a really funny concept and so cute to have all these little people come out. (and yes, that is a recycling bin on her tunic...the Green Knight's shtick is very earth friendly.)
Friends were kind enough to take Hazel for both shows so I actually got to sit and watch both. I videotaped the entire first show and then just took snipits from the second.
The girls would definitely jump at the chance to do something like this again. So fun!
In the first video Haley is sitting on the ground on the left...Abby is the green and grey knight to the right of the yellow gal.





13 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

A future on Broadway? They were totally darling! I love how they were both enthusiastic in their parts (the little snippets I saw, anyway).

Jessica said...

Very Very cute! That looks like so much fun. My oldest would love something like that!

Jangs said...

How fun. I have such amazing grand nieces

Charlotte said...

That was so fun. I really wanted to see it, I was going to sneak it in between picking Elise from Girls' Camp and our neighborhood picnic, but a darn noise & light & vertical stance avoiding headache got in the way.

Lucky Mommy said...

What a fun thing to do! Only 1 week of practices? They are quick studies. Darling! You must be very proud.

meg said...

I'm so impressed that 1. someone thought to do this for kids and expose them to 'the stage' and 2. how adorable your little actresses are! They are lucky little girls; yes lucky in deed.

Jenny said...

So Cute! So Cute! I wish I could say that they got their talent from me-but they didn't. (It must be a Scharman/Oscarson thing.) I want to watch from beginning to end-so don't erase. Love you.

Amy Lynn said...

Brilliant! They are beyond adorable and fabulous...love the costumes, love the play, love the "minis"...love the drama of it all! Can we preorder our DVD copy of the play?

mo said...

It looks so fun! We want to see the whole thing when we come in September! What great little actresses you are raising. Aunt Boo would be so proud!!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

they were born for the stage!

Mandee said...

LOVE IT!

Vi said...

So awesome!!! My mom ended up taking CAssie and my niece and nephew out the whole day so we didn't get to come!!!! Love the videos- that's so cool! bravo girls

Twinlinebackers said...

I was so thrilled we got back in town just in time to hear about it and see it. They were awesome. I loved the mini concept - they were so adorable.

Thanks for inviting us and thanks for letting my boys stay with you to see it twice. Obviously they were also thrilled with the star talent!