Sunday, August 16, 2009

Early Retirement...

While talking to my sister today and discussing awesome babysitters, I had a plan. Did you ever read a Babysitter's Club book? I realized that in about 6 or 7 more years, I am going to have my own little agency of babysitters. I will begin now training them to believe that it is their life's destiny to support their family....and BOOM! in 7 years, Clark retires, we hire out our daughters to watch other people's kids and live off their hard work.
Sounds like a good plan to me...I'll take bookings early with a small deposit.

12 comments:

Kelly Mo said...

I loved the Babysitters Club books. Also, excellent retirement plan!

Charlotte said...

Wait a minute, have you been reading "Steps to becoming a Disney star's parents?" I, personally, am focused on teaching the kids to do all my housework so I can increase my bonbon eating time.

Sadie Lou said...

oohh so you were talking about me! wink wink! no but i seriously have read alot of that book series! they used to be my favorit in like 4th grade! thats where i got all my good technique! :)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

nice. i am just excited that in 2 or 3 years tyler will babysit!!!

Abby said...

I can see it now--a house full of mothering instinct and love--and supervision from an expert. I would soooo leave my kids with you. Do you do extended stays???

Mandee said...

I'm with Abby on the extended stays!!

Becky said...

How bout just the beauty of your own "built in" babysitter. We are REAPING the benefits of that for sure. But then, taking it to the next level... I think you are on to something!!!

Amy Lynn said...

I'm all about training my children to support me. I always tell them I don't care what they want to be when they grow up as long as they make a healthy 6-digit salary and can afford to keep us in the lifestyle we aren't accustomed to but would like to be accustomed to. Geez...why else would you have kids?

mo said...

You are brilliant! Although now that I think about it, I raised five daughters and didn't get a dime....hey, you guys owe me!

Maleen said...

Okay, I have been such a slacker so get ready for a mini novel.

First off, I love the families in our ward that have more than one daughter, because you are almost guaranteed a sitter when you call. I hope my girls want to babysit. I wasn't a big fan myself, but mostly because I was the youngest and my mother worked so I spent every summer being babysat (often by not very fun people). It makes for a long summer, and a love of anything but babysitting.

Oh, and I never read the babysitter club books because I felt they were beneath my reading level (I was such a reading snob). So I would sit and read Lord of the Rings and look down my nose at the babysitter club books. Now I really enjoy teen fiction and I'm not quite as snobby :)

I think I am starting to feel better...at least I have had two days in a row with less nausea, so I am calling that a triumph. As for gender, it really is a toss-up. Another girl would be absolutely fabulous...I kind of want that. BUT, Tyler has always wanted a boy (not in place of his girls, but perhaps in addition) so I am torn. And I heard this guy's mission homecoming speech a few weeks ago, and I admit that I wanted a boy for a moment.

So, the good news is that I will be pleased either way...genuinely pleased. Okay, and if it is a boy, a little scared.

meg said...

There's only one part of the plan that you left out - they can't babysit for mormorns. They are notoriously cheap and you'll be eating catfood and living in a tent for your retirement. I don't think you'll enjoy that much.

Julie said...

Isn't that what kids are for? That is a wonderful idea!