
This was all in yesterday's harvest alone...we had a most delicious lunch! It has been really fun to have a garden this year...and even though half of our bell pepper plants turned out to be mislabeled hot peppers, we'll figure out something to do with them too (besides daring each other to eat them right off the plant.)
10 comments:
Love the garden bounty!! I am a little jealous. If I hurry, I can get one more tomato crop planted and then have a fall harvest! I just need to find a new place for my pots as the chickens LOVE the tomatoes. :)
It looks so delish. The garden didn't really happen for us this year because..uh...I was a total slacker. But I did learn how to make whole wheat bread and graham crackers which I don't do right now because I can't stomach it. I am such a homemaker :)
By the way, when you said you were going to move me to 'friends and family' that warmed my heart. I certainly don't feel like you are a stranger.
I love gardens!! Colorado weather is kind of stinky for gardens, but it is FUN to watch. Also-HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!
I feel a sense of ownership in your garden somehow. Afterall, I did go with you in your manly pickup truck to pick up the dirt and then helped spread it and then helped plant the little baby plants. Can I share vicariously?
Ohhh, hot peppers! Make salsa.
I guess I never noticed how green your thumbs are! Yummm. Save some for me.
That's amazing! I didn't know home grown bell peppers and cucumbers could actually get so big before drying up and dying on the vine. Yeah, make salsa! Tomatoes, peppers, now you just need onions! Party at Emily's!
Delicious. That really was a bounteous harvest. I have an abundance of zucchini I could send your way...really, thousands of them. There shouldn't even be world hunger with the zucchini plant in existence. It grows anywhere and never stops...more zucchini brownies?
Yummy! Can I have one?? (one of the fried green tomatoes, not a hot pepper).
I'm enjoying our first garden this year and made fried green tomatoes for the first time the other day. So fun! I love it!
Post a Comment