ANYway, I knew that Haley has been anticipating Mother's Day...she really wanted to do something so nice. This is my sweet Haley who at 14 months would toddle into the bathroom and lay her head on my back while I threw up with morning sickness...or would actually hold my hair back and get me water when I was throwing up with morning sickness two kids later...(sorry that most of my stories involve vomit...it just drives my point home that she is willing to be compassionate when she sees a need, even if it's gross.) She is sweet, as are my other daughters. Really sweet.
So I admit that I helped her out a little, after all, I didn't want the house burned down for Mother's Day or anything like that. Last night before going to bed I left the tray out on the counter with a little note that said "I like juice boxes and bagels with cream cheese or waffles maybe"...just to push her in the direction of "child appropriate food preparation".
(I have to add that no one got into bed with me all night...the entire bed to myself...that almost never happens.) I could hear very quiet creeping by 6:30 this morning and by 6:55 (a very appropriate 5 minutes before the alarm to get ready for church) my bedroom door was creaking open to the sounds of three darling girls singing "Mother I love you" and carrying a breakfast tray and handful of cards that they have been working on in secret. My heart swelled. I made them run and get my camera and do it again so I could document. How I love these girls. They are thoughtful and sweet and caring. They truly love to make other people happy and they love their mother...I know it, I feel it and I am grateful for it.
22 comments:
That is simply one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. You have amazing kids. I'm so grateful you were blessed with kids such as yours so that Clark's consistant absence isn't as difficult (who am I to talk about knowing what that's like...).
Give 'em a hug for me.
That is so very sweet! What cute, good adorable little girls!
I smiled while reading.. and then actually got verclempt when they started singing. Precious is all.
I love your kids. Want to trade for a while?
They sound like little angels. I love the cute cards and the cream cheese bagel. And your bed is huge!! You could fit an army in there. Or one great Navyman :)
I'm glad my husband is around at dinner time, because I really just cook for him. If he were gone, we would have cereal for dinner EVERY night; with the occasion grilled cheese sandwich when I felt like 'cooking'.
I feel like I need to explain why there is only ONE sconce on the wall...it involves my "angels" and a pillow and a little bit of disobedience. I feel lopsided every time I walk into the room.
I'm so proud of those girls!! What a great job they did!
It just makes my heart swell to the point of bursting...that's all. What sweet wonderful daughters you are raising! Good job girls! Good job Em!
Ahww! Little angels!! Now quick, print out this blog and stick it on the bathroom mirror so you can refer to it when your little angels aren't quite so angelic. . . Seriously, Clark (and you!) must have done some good teaching here!
You have trained them well Em. I think Mother's Day is best when your expectations are low, and you are able to enjoy the truly important parts. I think it is so sweet to see how much these little children care about us, even with the crusty face every now and then. What a cute post...even if your 7 year old knows you're a lover! :)
I laughed out loud at the amount of cream cheese! That is really adorable, and I love how she held your hair back when you puked. THAT is compassion.
that is the sweetest ever! i'm proud of you for doing so well without your hubby. isn't amazing how we just rise to the challenge and get used to it? not ideal- but we survive and have fun doing it.
She even remembered to place a lovely flower on the tray with your breakfast. She is definitely her mother's daughter. I love how they took care of you on Mother's Day. It makes my heart want to burst with love for them!
That is really awesome. What a fantastic Mother's Day!
That is the sweetest darn thing I have ever heard! Very funny that H signed a love note from C. Lover, he he he. So every once in a while you realize you're doing a better job raising them than you think, eh? What they did has little Emily Oscarson written all over it! I love it. (And LOVE the container of lips.)
It looks like Hazel must have taken that last picture--very impressive!
I am impressed by their creativity and patience. I didn't get a card on Mother's day, because they had already been tossed (literally) my way Thursday when they were allowed to bring them home from school. I honestly thought MY kids were the sweetest things ever (of course, I still do) but I can't imagine that ever happening. Seriously, stack of well thought out cards, breakfast, and a song? And I even had a husband home.
I'm down to one sconce too -moving incident. Had to change my symmetry to balanced wall arrangement.
That is so sweet. My kids made breakfast in bed on Saturday because "Sundays are always so crazy and we thought there might not be time." It was just the right mixture of thoughtfulness and pragmatism for me. My kids know me well.
Absolutely Priceless. Payday for sure. Love, Aunt Verlinda
alright, i need a new post...
I can see that I have neglected some serious training with my children. Haley's card will make me giggle for days! I love your little girls and that they totally and completely "get" you. You are a perfect fit for each other!
Post a Comment